Mia's Homecoming video

Friday, August 8, 2008

The Training wheels are GONE!

So I have been putting off the whole taking the training wheels off because I thought it would be a long grueling process and would take all summer to do. We finally decided to give it a try and we took them off last week. I am completely amazed at how well and how fast she picked it up! We helped her like 3 times and then she totally caught on and within 2 days she was going around the neighborhood and doing circles in the driveway!

Ky wore this dressup hat all day.
It makes her look way too old! Kris said he had an "I can't be this old" parent moment as he was letting go of her for the first time.
We have been walking around the neighborhood alot the last few days so Ky could practice.
Bree loves when she gets to drive her car!

When Kyra was first practicing she would ride off the driveway onto the grass so it was a softer landing and so of course Adrie wanted to "practice riding on the grass" She would get so excited and show me how far she had gone on the grass. Apparantly she thought that was an accomplishment.

Way to go Ky! I can't believe how fast you picked it up! Next stop-buy some new helmets!

8 comments:

Mary said...

I think the hat looks cute. That's awesome she picked it up so fast, although I have to say it doesn't surprise me much - she's a pretty coordinated kid! I need to do the same with Sadie - I keep putting it off because of all our hills. Way to go Kyra!

cat+tadd=sam said...

Way to go Kyra! She's growing up so fast.

cat+tadd=sam said...

Oh, I just checked out Ella Grace's blog. Oh my gosh, she is sooooooo stinkin cute! She and Bree are the cutest DS kids I've ever seen, I just love it!

Natalie said...

Way to go mom and dad on getting Kyra on a 2-wheeler! That's one of those big parental accomplishments that feels great. I'm glad that she got the hang of it quickly. Way to go Kyra!

Woodbury Fam said...

I think it is awesome how fast she picked it up. Way to go Kyra! We have also spent a lot of time walking around the neighborhood. but hey maybe it can count as exercise.

Chris and Tysen DeMartini said...

Good job Kyra, way to go! Bree looks so cute in her little bike, they all look so grown up!

Mark said...

I can't believe you would let your kids ride without helmets.

Julie said...

Way to go, Kyra! You'll have to show Halle how fun it is...she's a little nervous about taking the training wheels off.