When the ENT did some of the inner ear testing he found that their was lots of fluid built up behind the ear, which causes ear infections but also can affect language development. He said that the testing showed that she can hear externally fine but that internally, or in otherwords, when she hears herself vocalize, it sounds like she is talking with her ears plugged. Basically that doesn't help when you are trying to learn how to talk and trying to copy sounds. So hopefully, this time around will last longer and be more effective. Last time she also had her adenoids removed so she was really miserable for like a week after the surgery, so I am hoping that because she is only doing the tubes this time that she will be feeling lots better. Last time she was really upset when they took us into the recovery room because of the pain as well as the confusion of coming out of the anesthsia and it was SO sad to see her that way! So I am hoping it is a little better this time.
Kyra just gave the sweetest prayer for Bree that I wanted to remember, she said "please bless that Bree will be protected in her surgery tomorrow and that she will do good while they put new tubes in her ears. Please bless her to be safe and bless that it won't hurt her. Bless her to feel better soon and bless all that she can do..." Then as I was tucking her in bed she was asking me about how the "medicine" (the anesthesia-we had been telling her last night that they give Bree special medicine to make her fall asleep while they do the surgery so that it doesn't hurt her) and how does she wake up from it and what if she wakes up before they are done with the surgery-then it would hurt her? It was so sweet to see her so concerned about her little sister.
4 comments:
Good luck!! We're off to our 1st surgery this week, and hopefully last (a girl can dream, right!!).
Good luck Bree! You're an old pro at this now!
I'm sorry you guys have to go through this again. (((Big hugs))) I hope this time everything goes smoothly and the recovery is quick.
What a sweet big sister Kyra is. I hope everything goes well. Good luck guys.
Post a Comment