What a magical day it was! We went with the Matroyshka theme because it tied in Mia's heritage and because I am obsessed with them...oh and also my brother has deciced the nickname Babushka is fitting for Mia so it was all perfect.












































































All day we kept wondering what she was thinking.....
What Miss Mia may have been thinking.....
For days everyone kept telling me my birthday was coming but I really had no idea what they were talking about.
What is a birthday?

Why is everyone so excited about it?
I woke up one morning and my family started singing this song to me....
Happy Birthday to you...
Happy Birthday dear Mia....
Then went I went downstairs I saw a sign my sisters had made me wishing me Happy Birthday (Bila is the name Bree calls me) so I figured today must be the day everyone's been talking about.
I went to church and everyone sang to me in my primary class....I was a little shy but thought it was fun.
When I got home from church I got to put on my special birthday dress for the party.



I got to welcome all my visitors


We all got to watch the birthday DVD that my dad always makes for our birthdays. Mine had all of my videos on it

I learned how to say I was now FIVE
My mom had lots of help from friends and family to make all my fun birthday treats and when I saw an entire table of cookies and treats.....I knew I was going to like this birthday thing!
I stood close by to the table waiting for mom to give me the go ahead to eat one of the yummy treats
and when she said it was ok, I was SO happy!
We had Matroyshka doll suckers

Matroyshka doll cookies

Drinks with Matroyshka doll labels
and a gorgeous Matroyshka doll cake,


I kept a close eye on that cake, waiting to get the chance to eat it!
and guess what?
It was all for ME!

It was all to celebrate ME!

I really enjoyed the part where everyone sang the birthday song to me and I got to blow out my candles on my cake!
Bree helped teach me what to do, and told me to wait until they were done singing before I blew out the candles.
Dad even let me blow the candles out a few times because I had so much fun doing it. He said I had to make up for the last 4 years that I didn't get to do this.
Of course I LOVED eating the cake and ice cream!
I was really enjoying this day and just when I thought it couldn't get better....
Dad told me to come sit down and open my presents....
What? you mean all these presents are just for ME?!!
I was giddy I was so excited!
I got to open lots of fun things....
I only needed help a few times...see how I can sign AND say help now?!

Then I was able to play with all my new toys!




I had such a wonderful day celebrating my birthday! I never knew such a day existed!
I am sure happy that I get to do this every year from now on!
My mom said if she hadn't been on bed rest she would have had a big celebration with lots of friends and people who had made it possible for me to be home with my family and celebrate this way. She always tells me about the many, many people who sacrificed and gave in my behalf so that I could come home to my family and experience these kind of special occasions.

26 comments:
A perfect day for a perfect princess who finally belongs with her perfect forever family!
oh how wonderful! i love your family so much. happy birthday precious Mia xxxx
What a beautiful party for such a beautiful, blessed little girl!!
Beautiful post! Happy first real birthday Mia!
Such a sweetheart!!She is one blessed girl, and you are all the best! xoxo
Precious! Happy birthday Mia!
Happy Birthday Mia! You are one beautiful and blessed little girl! And your little dress is so CUTE! I can tell you and Bree are going to have a very special relationship growing up together =]
Darling post! Happy Birthday Mia!!!!
Those cookie and cake were gorgeous! Who made them?
Melts my heart!!!! Just beautiful!! Happy, happy birthday Mia.
Mia Kareen, Thank you for being such a blessing to so many. You are the gift, sweet girl, you, just you, are a reason to celebrate everyday. Give your mom a squeeze from me, so glad you had such a special day!
Omigosh, she is SO CUTE!!!!! Happy Birthday, dear Mia.
Happy Birthday Mia!!! I love the last two photos of you the most. You are such a sweet little girl. I love how your hair is growing out. You must bring such joy to your family. I know you bring a lot of joy to me every time I read about what your mom writes about you!
So happy that your "first" birthday was so great.
Jennifer from CA
Oh what a perfect first birthday!! Just beautiful!! So many details. How did you do it!!!
Mia is so blessed!
I know this is late but Happy Birthday Mia.
AS I have followed your families blog and yours of "coming home" I have felt so blessed to share your experience. Thank you for being such a strong example to me.
What a day!! Mia's FIRST birthday celebration! I want to know who made everything for you! The dress, the cake, the suckers! SOO cute. Hey, when are you gonna call me??
Happy birthday Mia - I love following your journey and hope you have the best year yet as a wise 5 year old! Such a cute party!!!
So fun to see - thanks for sharing!
Simply beatiful!! Mia, you are so very precious and we can see how happy you are now - but we can also see how much happiness and joy that you bring to your family and friends. Happy 5th birthday, sweet girl!!
From Cleveland, Ohio
Oh I LOVED this! Her giddy picture was my favorite. You can tell she is the sweetest little girl - very nurturing to her dollies! I LOVE the Matroyska theme - everything was BEAUTIFUL!
Oh man, I loved this!
Happy Birthday Mia!! So thankful she has someone to celebrate her the way she deserves!!
So so beautiful! Such a special day for such a special little girl and her family.
HAppy Birthday Mia!!! Your family is so blessed-wonderful and inspiring!
So cute! I don't know how you do it and you are even on bedrest. Incredible! Happy Birthday Mia! I love that last picture! Can I do anything for you?
Happy belated Birthday Mia :) Looks like you had a wonderful birthday and I just love your beautiful birthday cake. My favorite picture is where Bree is explaining to Mia about blowing out the candles...love it!!
She deserved it all! Wonderful!
Post a Comment