Mia's Homecoming video

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Life with 2 newborns

(The first month)     

Life with 2 newborns has been busy but oh so rewarding!

 I get nothing done because I just want to sit and watch them, and/or hold them

 Not a day goes by that I don't look at them in awe and thank my Heavenly Father for the miracle that they are.

 One of the bonuses about a c-section is that you have a lot of restrictions on your activity level, which means more time sitting and snuggling these sweet babies.


 Thankfully our moms both stayed with us for a week at a time, and then our moms and sisters all continued helping in the afternoons and evenings while Kris was working such late hours with tax season.




 We have lots of helpers....
 Bree is like the crying police....she will find the babies in any corner of the house if she hears them crying and she will try to comfort them
 Sometimes its giving them their binkis and other times she tries to pick them up....a little scary! But she sure loves them!
 Miss Mia is not quite as interested in helping with the babies, but she is very interested in watching them and talking about their features "eyes" "mouth" etc. At school her teachers told us that since the babies have been born Mia now plays with two dolls everyday instead of one and has to tuck them both in and kiss them goodbye when she leaves.

 The first month home with the girls I took full advantage of my quiet mornings with just the babies, often getting a quick nap in before Bree and Mia returned from school. The nights are a lot harder with 2 newborns at first.

 Love me some burping face
 Kyra is a great big sister and has taken on so many responsibilities ! We are lucky to have her help with all these little ones!



 Double daddy bonding time....For the first few months of the twins life, Daddy only saw them late at night. He would get home from work around 10 and we would snuggle the babies and watch a show or two before attempting to get a little sleep...ha ha!
 The swings are a life saver
 more snuggling with eachother
 more eating eachother



 She cried all night and then slept soundly once dad laid her next to him



 Lunchtime is always crazy because Bree and Mia always want to eat when the babies do too
 Grandpa Cox visiting


 All my helpers



 Claire
 Livvy
 Bree and Mia are learning that when mom is nursing, its a free for all....they can get into a lot in a matter of minutes and I can't do much about it
 Looking back at this first month with twins, it makes me realize how little they were and how we just enjoyed every minute of them...even the sleepless, crazy, screaming ones!Having two new ones is super busy and hectic but it is so much more fun than I excpected too.

I think being on bed rest so long, prepared me to be ok with all the craziness because I was just so thankful to have them here safe and to be able to move off the couch!The miracle of Life is not something to take for granted and then when I look at these two miracles,
 two identical miracles....I am overcome and so grateful for it all!

The sleepless nights, the multiple screaming babies, the no-time-for-showering days, the messes all around the house....I am grateful for it all.
One month of having 6 kids and we are finding plenty to smile about

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Im just so amazed by you Kecia! Well done. And Could there be two cuter babies in the world?! Im glad youve had lots of help and Im glad you are still smiling in your pictures :) If someone photographed me during month one of twins + 4 other girls to mother Im not sure I would be making anything other than a "help me please" face. I cant believe how easy you make this look. And TAX SEASON too! Amazing amazing!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gwen said...

What a gorgeous family! Oh my, those babies are sooooo cute. Congrats!

Rachel said...

The new and older girls are all beautiful! Way to go Mama! keep it up!

Katrina said...

Love that you finally found a moment to blog again. Can't even imagine how crazy busy things must be around the house. I bet you will really enjoy summer with Kris home more and the older girls around to help out.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful family with us.

Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Awwww! they are just so beautiful! Makes me sooooo excited for my own to make their debut soon...well hopefully not too soon! And you are looking great momma!

Jaclyn M said...

I was so excited to see this post!!! they are completely precious!!!! I love love love all the pictures! I am so glad you have had some help. All your precious girls are simply too cute for words!

Yvonne said...

They are so beautiful! I LOVE the one where she's eating sister's forehead. :) Kecia, you are amazing and ALL of your daughters are beautiful. :)

Kristin said...

And a blog post - go Kecia! You've got it down :)

Cindy said...

I was thinking the same thing as Kristin, '...and she's taken time to upload all these pictures and write this post!!'

You're amazing. Those babies are the sweetest! You have a houseful and so, so much to be grateful for!

Marcie said...

I know what you mean! Aren't these little girls such sweet miracles from God!
So glad to see that you and the girls are all doing well!
You have a beautiful family!

my family said...

so happy to blogged in your free time (dont know how you found any)but love those sweet pictures and what big helpers you have. Congratulations on your newest additions;)

Erica said...

Yay! You look great Kecia! And your babies are so darling! As are your big girls too! I am so impressed, it looks like you're doing great! Congratulations!