How fitting that the news story from the other night was called Mia's Miracle....
Because that is exactly what it was...a miracle
From the very beginning it has been nothing short of a miracle
So in celebration of Mia's one year anniversary home,
We are having a PARTY!
Come join us on SATURDAY JUNE 16
at the Murray outdoor pool
5109 South Murray Park Lane
6:30-8:30 pm
We have reserved the entire pool and waterslide for this two hour block so admission is FREE!
As we are watching Mia's miracle continue we will be continuing to pay it forward to help Susan come home.
All donations are appreciated and will go directly to the Lutkin family to bring little Susan home!
Our ipad giveaway will close that evening and is $10 per entry for a chance to win a brand new ipad, plus honor Mia by helping her little friend Susan have the same opportunity to enjoy the love of a real family rather than live her life alone in an orphanage.
We will be selling concessions/snack items that night with all profits going to Susans adoption.
We would LOVE to have all of you who have been a part of Mia's miracle join us that evening for swimming and fun!
Please leave a comment or message me if you are thinking of attending that night so we know an estimate of people to plan on. It doesn't have to be a definite count, but at least an idea would be great!
Our little Mia's miracle could never have happened had it not been for so many of you so we would love to celebrate with you on JUNE 16!
If you missed the local news story you can also go HERE for the written version on KSL
or HERE for the Deseret Newspaper article.
19 comments:
Plan on us. Probably 8 of us depending on my teenagers. Also United Angels Foundation has Classic Skating rented from 10-1 (closed to the public from 10-12) on this same day. Free entrance for UAF members for skating, bouncing, climbing and swimming (laser tag not included). Maybe you could set up concessions table there too. Check with Amy Skidmore to see if Classic would have a problem with us selling concessions inside their facility.
Rachael and I for sure! We can't wait to meet all of you!
Holly and Rachael
I think I might come with Lida and her fam if she comes!
oh how I wish you all were in Clemmons, NC. We will be there in spirit. Thanks for continuing to share your family with us. Love from Winston-Salem, NC
What a beautiful news story! My 2.5-year-old saw a few seconds of the birthday video. I told him it was Mia, and he said, "Mia HAPPY!" It brings tears to my eyes to see how happy she is because your family loves her enough to give her such a wonderful gift!
oh what a great time you all will have. I cannot watch your videos without getting terribly teary eyed. Mia is such a beauty and seems to not miss a beat
Oh, man! We will be in town the following week. We are sad we will miss it!!
Thanks for the phone call. YES! Our whole family will be there. LUCKY US for happening to be in Utah to celebrate this happy event! We are a family of 6. Thanks Kecia! I can help you prepare the beginning of the week. Thinking Monday's best.
We are planning on coming. 2 adults and 2 little girls that LOVE swimming :)
I think we will come. 2 adults and 3 kids.
Kecia, I have so enjoyed following your blog. Your family is such an inspiration.
I wanted to pass along an event my family is hosting in Pocatello, Idaho. I don't know if it is of interest to your family right now or anyone you may know, but could you please pass this message on to any friends and/or family that you have that have an individual born with Down syndrome. Nobody is too far away for this information, my family was considering traveling to Arizona or Ohio from Idaho to hear these ladies speak. Instead, we are bringing them here to Idaho. Please help me spread the word, thank you!
We have an opportunity to hear these wonderful speakers in Pocatello, ID. The ladies are from Houston, TX and Indiana. Please register at the link listed on the flyer and be sure to pass on to those you know who may be interested. The website changingmindsfoundation.org has a lot of parent testimonials of how this protocol is helping children born with Down syndrome excel in lots of different areas.
Check out this introductory video as well:
https://vimeo.com/2236150
Here is the information: http://www.planetreg.com/E588233569787 Also, check out the seminar flyer at: changingmindsfoundation.org/one_day_seminars.html
Please let me know if you have any questions. My parents attended the seminar in Tucson, AZ and knew it was something that would help their granddaughter (my daughter) MaKenna.
Hope to see your friends there! Thanks again!
Maria Neumann
bookitnowvacation@gmail.com
Kris and Kecia,
I'm not sure where I first found your blog about Mia, but I have been devouring every word for the past week. Even now I am too choked up to speak... I just wanted to add my voice to the many others who have expressed profound awe and appreciation for the way you live your lives. I grew up with Kris in the Grandview ward...my maiden name is Nuttall (maybe he'll remember me) but it's been many years since I've seen anyone from the Cox family. I hope you know how you've inspired me with the way you follow the Lord and the promptings of the Spirit. And were led to save Mia and bring her home. Someday soon, I hope that my husband and I can follow your example and look to adoption. Thank you with all of my heart. -Sharla (Nuttall) Kwarm
I was getting so excited to come and finally meet your cute little family, when I realized we are going to be out of town visiting my in-laws that weekend. SO bummed! Hope you have a lot of fun though!
We'll try. 4 of us.
Now that its getting closer, I think its safe to say we likely will make it. I am super to see the Cox Family in person! There will 3 (possibly 4) of us. I look forward to it! :)
Now that its getting closer, I think its safe to say we likely will make it. I am super to see the Cox Family in person! There will 3 (possibly 4) of us. I look forward to it! :)
We will be there - 3 kiddo's and a Mommy. Can't wait to help another family along, Sweet Susan caught my eye shortly after she was newly added and I thought could she be the one? I am so happy for the Larkins and their journey. Can't wait to see you again.
Plans for the weekend have changed and I am so happy to be able to come with my husband and little boy.
Yay! My sister and her family are going to be able to make it. I made another $20 donation because I'm happy they'll have something fun to do today!
If Jessica Fields/Jessica Rudder wins anything today (I'm not sure if my maiden or married name shows up on the PP receipt) you can send the prize home with Lillith Bear. :)
Post a Comment