Mia's Homecoming video

Sunday, July 13, 2008

"There's No Place Like Home"

What is it about girls camp that is so magical? You can take a group of girls of all ages, take away showers, cell phones, ipods, soft beds, makeup........add LOTS of DIRT and BUGS, and you get a week of wonderful memories and a special bond and spirit that can't really be explained. It was so fun to experience girls camp again as a leader. The theme this year was "There's no place like HOme" and they did lots of fun stuff tying in all sorts of Wizard of Oz stuff!


This was our before picture when we first arrived at the camp, and our cute door was still in tact.
This was the after...when we were ready to leave-our Munckins were stolen by another ward in the night-they also toilet papered the camp-gotta love girls camp pranks!


This was our cute door that I was in charge of. Each ward had a door to their campsite. Since we were Muchkin Manor we tied M&M's in too and the girls turned these baby dolls into Munchkins.

Me and Amber
My girls making our red flip flops
Relearning how to make friendship bracelets and do boondogle (great flashback memories of those)

This is what comes out when you spend a week with 12-17 year olds! It brings out the best!Kris was nice enough to come up thursday and friday as our Priesthood representative and he got to experience a whole different side of "camping". Little did he know how much singing, crafts, giggling, screaming, and sheer siliness goes on at girls camp! Can you tell he had a rough job?
It was fun to have him around to help-Thanks honey for being so supportive and helping me these last few weeks! Thanks to my mom too for watching the girls all week!


The leaders
We all got to go on this really long zipline-it was lots of fun!
Lauren was my personal nail technician!
Katie B, and I
We got to say the pledge of alliegance each morning. It was so awesome to look up at the flag blowing in the breeze through the trees with the sun glistening and the birds chirping. It is moments like those that you realize why it is important to take time in the wilderness to experience the peace that is there.
More of my girls, or as they liked me to call them at camp-my babes
Jacie, me and Liz my our "munchkin totem poll"
Me and Jenn
The Leaders; Myra, Sherry, me, maria, Dani, Danielle, and JulieI made these beauty bags for each girl as our gift from the presidency. They turned out really cute and they were filled with beauty supplies to help them "return home"



ON the last day we clicked our ruby red flip flops together and returned home. It turned out to be a great camp! We had one girl go home sick with Mono and another went home with appendicitis and had her appendix removed the next day-while we were at camp, but other than that we had no problems and everyone got along great and we had a great time!

6 comments:

Mary said...

So glad you had a good time! Looks like things went really well. Your door turned out darling. Fun to see the pictures! Let's get together this week.

Natalie said...

I needed to read your post today. I get to go to girls camp in a couple of weeks (possibly the same place because I know there's a zipline there). Anyway, I haven't been super excited about it yet. You'll have to share all your camp secrets with me before I go.

Jacie Epperson said...

Wow! We totally look hot! :) Thank you so much for everything that you did for all of us at camp! I can't wait until I get to come into Miamaids!

DeDee said...

I can't believe you've already posted...I'm seriously impressed. I thought everyone was still recovering! Such fun times!

Julie said...

I love all the fun pictures you took. It makes me miss YW a lot. The bags you made turned out really cute. Fun that Kris came up with you.

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

You were so much help at camp & it was great to spend a few days with ya! Great pics! Can't wait for camp next year!