Mia's Homecoming video

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas morning 2008

Before the girls came down....




Christmas was really fun! It is so fun to see the magic in the kids eyes when they walk into the room and see what Santa has left! Each of the girls were at fun stages and they loved every minute of it!


Kyra and Adrie are into a lot of the same things right now wo Santa brought alot of their gifts for both of them but there were a few things they each were excited about of their own too.


They got lots of Barbie and High School musical stuff


Kyra was REALLY excited to give us her presents she picked out at her school santa shop. Adrie wanted to open Kyra's present from the shop very first. Ky gave Kris a mug that says "the Boss" she gave me a diamond pendant necklace, Adrie a santa ornament and Bree a rattle. In her class she also made a cute calendar and journal for us. These gifts are my very favorite to get and I love how excited she is to give them!

Bree got a cabbage patch baby doll that walks and talks.

Kyra and Adrie really wanted these "little mommy" dolls. I love that Kyra still loves dolls. I wish it would last a long time!

Adrie was really excited about her Dora and pegasus that really walks

Adrie was really excited about her foam soap in her stocking


Bree loves balls so a ball choo choo was very fitting for her

She was very intense on her piano playingThis picture makes me laugh-she looks like she is done with me telling her to say cheese

Dad got the new drill he wanted and a surround sound system

And their favorite gift was the barbie jeep they have been wanting-I don't know what Santa was thinking? But they absolutely LOVE it so he must have known what was best right?!

So this gift was the most memorable for Kyra. Last year on her list she had put this princess throne chair and has talked about it ever since, about how she had it on her list last year but Santa must have decided not to give it to her. She even showed me a picture the other day that she had drawn in her kindergarten journal last year of this throne she wanted. Well when she came down Christmas morning she ran right over to the Barbie jeep and then she noticed this box behind the jeep with a note that said "Kyra-the elves and I remembered that you wanted this last year. We hope you enjoy it." After she read the note she started smiling and said "I hope this is what I think it might be!" Then she ripped it open and was extatic! It was really cute! She just kept saying "I can't believe Santa remembered"


And me I got this....




The Canon Rebel XSI....HURRAY!!! I am SO excited! Now I just have to figure out how it all works but it is amazing to see the awesome quality of pictures it takes just on auto focus (because that is the only setting I know how to use right now). More pics to come from the new camera. Part of the gift is to go take a photography class to learn more about it all so I am really looking forward to it. I guess Kris figures if I am going to take so many pictures they might as well be nice ones.

4 comments:

Amber Ferran said...

Kecia! I got the same camera for Christmas and I LOVE IT! And same, I get to take some classes to learn how it all works...awesome! I love all of your pictures from Christmas morning, you are great about updating your blog. Now it will be more fun with a new camera! :)

Julie said...

What a fun Christmas you all had. The girls' doll bassinets are really cute. You always find cute gifts. What would you do if you had to shop for a boy?? Kris did a great job on the camera. It will be so fun to learn how to use it. Bree & Avery will have to have a little piano recital together! :)

MegT said...

Grace still wants dolls too, and I love that. Your girls are really cute!

Mary said...

I love that picture of Bree playing her piano! I'm jealous of your camera - way to go Kris! And, thanks again for the birthday treat - I've been enjoying them ALL weekend!!!