Mia's Homecoming video

Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Ikea Craze!


Ok, yes we were one of the crazy people who ventured to the grand opening of the new Ikea store. No, we did not camp out there, and yes, I took my three children with me! It was a madhouse but it was fun to do something different. We didn't get one of the gift cards but we did get Ikea water bottles, frisbees, and balloons! Exciting I know! We also got quite the heroes welcome as we entered the store. The employees were lined up cheering with balloons and we felt more like we had won a race then entered a retail store. As we were winding through the ropes in the line outside (which actually moved quite well) Kyra said "this is kindof like Disneyland!" Unfortunately there was no ride or princess waiting for her at the end though. When we were standing in the line to check out (this line didn't move so well) we were caught on camera by one of the local news stations, so this is our claim to fame picture that was on the stations website! I'm afraid I will become a frequent visitor to this new store!

1 comment:

lexi said...

Don't you love Ikea? I'm jeleous you have one so close--ours is 2 hours away!