Now on to more positive weekend events......
Mia's Homecoming video
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Thanksgiving 2007
Thanksgiving turned out to be a very nice day, even though it started out with me spending the morning (10-3) at the ER. Long story short at one point we thought we had an ectopic pregnancy and they even mentioned I might end up spending thanksgiving in the OR getting it fixed. Next they said I had a cyst that burst and that was why it was all happening and that I was still pregnant (which by the way we had NO idea I was pregnant until the day before thanksgiving, after all this had been going on for a few weeks). So they sent me home to enjoy turkey and Adrie's birthday,although I obviously didn't feel good I was grateful to be able to be with my family and not at the hospital! So we watched things through the weekend thinking we were possibly having another baby and just when I had got a little excited about that, we found out monday that apparantly it was a misscarriage (and a cyst burst-although they are unrelated it looks like they may have happened around the same time-who knows), So it has been quite an emotional roller coaster. I guess I am just trying to figure out what we are supposed to learn from all this? Why would I get pregnant when I am nursing and on birth control just to end up misscarrying. I guess that is the question of life.....why do things happen like they do?
Now on to more positive weekend events......
Mom put on a WONDERFUL thanksgiving meal and we had the whole family together and it was so much fun! I love any excuse to eat great food and be with family! We always go around the table and say what we are thankful for and there were lots of nice things said but of course Adrie's made us all laugh. She said she was thankful for the juice and I laughed and said that's a good one-I like that too. and she said "then why didn't you say that?" Leave it to Adrie to make a funny comment!
Kyra. Jess and my brother's friend Devan. Kyra worked so hard making all the little name cards for place settings for everyone. She had a list of everyone's names and she went through and checked them each off as she finished writing them. I can't believe she is old enough to do that kind of stuff now!
Adrie and Bret
Thanks mom and dad for a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner!
Now on to more positive weekend events......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Love the post! We are thinking and praying fo you! Let us know if we can do anything! Thank you for your example, courage, and faith in your life. We really admire you and Kris and all you do and how you handle what life throws at you. We love you!
I'm so glad you are feeling better. Sounds like your weekend was full of events! You always seem so together, Kec! You are amazing!
I LOVE your cute family. You all get along so great and have so much fun together! That is so fun that you could all fit at one long table together!
I think one of the reasons you went through all miscarriage stuff is for everyone else around you to see how well you handle situations like this and come out with such a positive outlook! I admire you so much!
Ditto to what Julie said. What a hard thing to go through, but you still have yourself pulled together and a smile on your face. You really are an amazing mom/woman/friend, etc!!
Finally--I have been waiting to hear what was going on. You were supposed to call me--remember? So glad that everything is okay and so sorry that you had to go through all that!! Love ya!
I hope you're feeling better. It definitely sounds like an emotional rollercoaster. Maybe you and Kris are meant to have another little one watching and waiting from heaven. That's what I always think when I hear of miscarriages. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your holiday. Take care!
No one told me you miscarried! I'm so sorry, that has to be hard! I feel terrible, we're family and I didn't even know! How are you doing?
On another note, we have a late b-day present for Adrie!
Post a Comment