Mia's Homecoming video

Friday, September 26, 2008

Salsa Mania

It's Salsa time again! My mom, Lida, Kris and I spent the day making our yearly salsa! We started at 8 in the morning and Kris and I finished at 10 that night. Kris was a GREAT help! He took the day off work and ran the salsa operation even more efficiently than last year! We couldn't have done it all in one day without him! He even did all the clean up and even mopped and vacuumed the house afterwards! Thanks honey for being such a great help! It was fun having him around with us! It is all thanks to my grandma Clapier that this is even possible because they grow a HUGE garden of tomatoes and they even provide us with all the peppers too! This year they even hand watered everything for awhile because their well was broken!Thanks grandma and grandpa-we love you!
The kids did a great job entertaining themselves all day. The house was a HUGE wreck but they were happy and let us get it all done.
Bree found lots to get into with no one paying attention to her! Kyra decided to do some cooking in her kitchen with us!
The finished product! 80 quarts and 120 pints for a total of 140 quarts! WOW! All in one day!
Curt and Amy and Chaly and Cam will have to come visit us to get some!










14 comments:

Staci said...

Oh my gosh!! That is unbelievable. You guys are awesome! Looks so good.

heather said...

Wow that is some serious salsa!! Morgan just gave kisses to Bree when I showed her her cute picture! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! I'm making two pies today :-} Just 2 though no mass production!!! Enjoy eating it, yum!

Julie said...

I think its great that Kris stayed home to help you guys. Your house smelled so good when you were doing this. I might need to have a jar of it. I remember how yummy it is.

DeDee said...

That is seriously impressive! Way to go Kris, especially on the clean-up!

Tanna said...

Kec, I love this tradition. You guys have mastered it! I'm hoping next year I'm up for more canning. This year, I can't bring myself to stand that long!!

Corinne said...

Yum! I love home made salsa. What a day and how cute that your hubby stayed home to help.

Anonymous said...

Whoa. That's a LOT of salsa. Do you give out your recipe? or is it top secret? I'd love to have it!

Suzanne said...

Home-made salsa is the best! I love it! I'm so impressed that you did that much in one day! It's a lot of work, but it's so nice that you can enjoy it for so long. Yummy!

Curt and Amy said...

Yummy! I'm so glad I'm going to be home in a week to eat all of your families delicious salsa! I have been craving salsa and Mexican food down here! It's crazy, you would think they would have Mexican food here, but they don't!

Mary said...

I swear it hasn't been a year since your last salsa post! Crazy how time flies. And, unlike Julie, I DON'T remember how good it tastes, cause I've never had the chance to try!!!! What's up with that? Can I at least buy a bottle from you? You guys are awesome salsa maniacs!

Mark said...

ya - quit beinging so stingy with the salsa. selfish.

Kelie said...

lots of hard work! I can't believe how much you made! yum!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

WOW! Way to go Kris! What a good hubby! Looks yummy!