Mia's Homecoming video

Monday, November 10, 2008

SHE DID IT!!

I had a major proud/grateful/excited moment the other night as Bree suddenly started walking with her walker!! I was in tears as I watched her get all around the living room and she was So happy about it. Each time she would let go and sit down, she would smile and clap for herself and make sure that I was clapping with her. I am SO grateful that she is reaching this milestone and I am so proud of her!! I think she still has a ways to go until she is walking on her own but I am thrilled she is getting there!


This video is sideways because I just took it on my snapshot and I didn't think about it being sideways-

14 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Yea Bree !!! Walking is so fun. You are doing great.

Brooke said...

Hooray! That video made me smile. :) So exciting to hit this milestone.

Staci said...

So cute!!! Good job Bree!

Emily said...

That is so exciting. I think she is just the cutest thing every! Way to go Bree!!!

Mary said...

That's huge! She's doing so awesome. Congrats!!

Suzanne said...

Way to go Bree! That is awesome!

Cam and Chaly said...

That is so cute! Good job BEE!!

Natalie said...

Yay for Bree! What a cutie!

jethrojones said...

That is so wonderful. Whenever we say that we can't wait for Katya to walk, people say that we will regret wanting that so bad, but we know exactly how you feel. It is so exciting that she is walking, even if she is just walking a little bit. She totally looks like Katya did when she started walking behind something, with the straight the legs and the sitting down and clapping after a couple steps. Also, she sounds just like Katya when she goes "Da-da-da-da-da" at the end. So adorable.

Woodbury Fam said...

Yeah Bree! What an amazing little girl she is. Both of you have worked so hard for this. Congratulations.

Kelie said...

Way to go! I just love her, that smile is priceless!

Kacey Bode said...

Way to go Bree!! That is so great! And, she could not possibly be any cuter!!! You asked a bit ago what AFOs are, they are little ankle braces that really help. I don't think I actually know (in person) any kid with Ds that doesn't have them. Ella and the kids at her school all wear Sure Steps, they are great. It all has to do with the low tone stuff, when Ella was starting to walk we noticed that her ankle would kind of roll so that her foot was to the outside, hard to explain. The website does a better job, http://www.surestep.net/
they are pricey but insurance covers them, well as much as they cover like 80%. They have made a huge difference in Ella's walking and supposedly they train the right muscles early on so that they don't have to wear braces all their lives. Wow, that was long hope it makes sense : )

lexi said...

Yipee Bree! Way to go!!!!!!

Shawndi84 said...

GO BREE!! That is awesome! She is so excited! I love the "dada" at the end!!