Mia's Homecoming video

Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a wonderful Mother's Day!My morning started out nice because Kris's usual sunday morning meetings were cancelled so he was home with us and I got to sleep in a little and then I woke up to breakfast in bed. The girls woke Kris up and said "Dad, it's mother's day and we need to do 2 things..make mom a card and make her breakfast in bed" I loved it! The best part about Mother's Day is the cards they make and the little gifts from school. This year Kyra's class made cookbooks with pictures they had drawn of the recipes. Each child submitted a recipe to the book. Adrie made me a cute card and some paper flowers. Kris and the girls gave me this cute necklace I had been wanting (thanks for the tip Lex) although mine has 3 charms with each of the girls initials on them. I LOVE it! He also gave me photo shop for my camera which I am excited to learn how to use! Kris prepared a delicious feast of schiskabobs for dinner, he even marinated them over night and had them all ready to go before church. We had my whole family over for a BBQ.







The guys took charge of the whole meal and it was FABULOUS!! Thanks guys!!


It was beautiful weather and so nice to be able to relax outside and watch the kids play






Bree has figured out how to use the little slide all by herself and she loves it.


Papa and Kacen in his stylin hat!


My mom and sisters. We are all moms now. I am so grateful to be a mother and to have a wonderful mother and mother in law! Thanks to Kris and my girls for giving me a great mother's day!

7 comments:

heather said...

Happy Mother's Day. dinner looks yummy. i LOVE the necklace! Where'd did he get it? I have wanted one like that but found one on line that ended up costing $600 with all my kids (6!) charms! I'd love to hear where you found yours.

cat+tadd=sam said...

Aw Happy Mother's Day! I love that dress on you!

Julie said...

LOVE the pictures with your girls. Very cute! Chris did an amazing job on dinner, it looked so yummy. I love the necklace, too! I might copy you and get one for me also. Glad you had a great day!

Corinne said...

i am glad that you had a good mother's day. those little moments make up for all of the naughty ones and make being a mom the best. love the necklace too so cute!

Woodbury Fam said...

What a fun day! THose kabobs look amazing. Way to go kris.

Mary said...

That first picture of you and your girls is so cute. I love it. The only picture I got of my with my kids I look hideous and none of my kids would look at the camera. How do you do it????? I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day. You deserve it - you are a fabulous mother!

d feist said...

Your husband cooks? Lucky. I keep Dave out of the kitchen for his own safety. Look how grown up your girls are? I was looking back at old pictures from the HS reunion. They change so fast!