Every memorial weekend a bunch of neighbors/friends go camping. We hadn't been for a few years and so we decided to go up and stay friday through sunday. The girls were SO excited to camp and sleep in the tent and Kris was excited to take his truck camping-since the last time we went camping he didn't have a truck to take. There were about 10 families that went and we had a great time-even through all the rain!
Kyra and Adrie were excited to be unpacking but their friend Jaxon didn't look very excited.
John's trailer entertained the kids for hours-they even turned it into a stage for shows at one point.
Kyra and Jessi doing a little number on the "stage"
Bree and Alex spent lots of time on it.
Bree and the boys (Griffin, Alex,and Ryan)
The kids had a lot of fun with games like UNO.....
Frisbee.......
Tag and hide and seek.....
Kate's excersaucer.......
Bubbles (these bubble blowers are the best I've ever found-thanks to Tysen for giving them to us)........
and building things with the firewood-like this stage/bridge.

Bree and Shaley
Bree loved sitting in the grass and playing with the rock piles-she even tried eating the grass and flowers many times.
One of my very favorite parts about camping is sitting around the campfire! There is something so mezmorizing about the fire! Apparently Adrie doesn't share my love for the fire because she spent most of the time hiding from it like this....
I don't know why but she was REALLY worried about it and wouldn't get very close. She would sit so far away that it wasn't keeping her warm.
Kyra on the other hand loved it! She said her favorite part about camping was making smores by the fire!
Dad and Bree
We managed to get Adrie a little closer to the fire if we were holding her but she was still very nervous about it.
I think Bree's favorite part of the camping was the DIRT! She loved playing in it and apparantly trying to eat it....No, it is not oreos or chocolate...it's DIRT!
5 comments:
What a fun trip! Your girls are great little campers! You have such a darling family and you guys are always doing such fun things! I love the pictures of Bree with dirt all over her...that is awesome!
I'm a teeny, wheeny bit jealous. It looks like it was so fun. Disney was probably warmer (and cleaner) though!
How fun to take your family camping! Your family is always doing something fun.
Looks like loads of fun. And not nearly as dirty as I was envisioning. Nice that there was lots of grass to play on. Lets plan another trip soon...or we'll just come camp in your back yard.
Amen about the shower! What a fun outing though. I can't believe all that dirt on Bree's mouth and that marshmallow mess makes me feel sticky just looking at it!! Kris looks like the expert camp cook. I'm so glad you guys had a great time.
Post a Comment