Mia's Homecoming video

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I LOVE the 4th of July! It is one of my favorite holidays and I think I appreciate what it means more and more!











Whenever we are with my family for the 4th we go to the evergreen parade and sit in front of my mom's cousins house right on the parade route. This year since the girls had already decorated their vehicles for the childrens parade the night before-and wanted to ride in a bigger parade where they could throw candy-we decided to let them ride in the evergreen parade.




Uncle B walked along with me to help





Kyra was the driver and Adrie did a great job waving and throwing LOTS of candy!

Bree took a turn in the jeep at the end and LOVED waving from it!

B-man

My 3 girls!

So 10 years ago (WOW I can't believe we are going on our 10th year of marriage this year) Kris and I got engaged on the morning of the 4th of July! Kris's family had always done the matching 4th shirts and that was part of how he asked me to marry him-he had the ring attached to a 4th of July shirt for me. So we still like to take a matching shirt picture for the nastalgia of that momentus day. Here is us 10 years ago......
Here is us today......


Baby Rayany enjoyed the festivities at the parade with us.

After the parade with my family, we headed to Papa Steves for more fun!
We attempted to get a picture of the cousins (Bree was sleeping) but only a few of them were cooperative.

We swam.......


Hmmm....what should I do with this ball?

Oh this! Dad would be so proud of my Bball skills!


Swam some more.......







Bree wouldn't stop jumping off the side to Corbin-she wore him out I think.



We went on scooter rides........

played with Milo (this is HUGE for Adrie because she is VERY scared of dogs)........

Bree loved trying to take Milo for a walk-I don't think he was as excited about it thought. Ava was my little buddy-for some reason she wanted me to do everything for her from getting her dressed to even asking me to take her picture. It was so cute.

Ava and Tysen
The kids all took turns going on rides on the Harley, Del's bike, and the scooter......


THis is what happened when Bree had to get off the scooter and let someone else have a turn.....
LIndey, Kyra and Adrie


The girls always love the cotton candy machine Kris's uncle brings over every year.......


We got to spend some time getting to know Roman better....what a cute couple they are.

ANother cute couple-Grandma and Grandpa Big Ard What happens when you have a chocolate chip cookie in one hand and a cotton candy in the other?
A HUGE MESS!

Bree was really excited to try the sparklers...so excited that she tried to take it away from me and she burned her wrist pretty good.

The girls!

More fun with the glow sticks!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

7 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

You have such a nice family. I like all the red and white and blue clothes. Oh and we had matching old navy shirts just like yours. Don't cry Bree. Maybe you can ride again next year.

likeschocolate said...

I love the photoshope action on the first few photos! I am amazed that she didn't get the cookie all over her clothes. If it was one of my boys it would not only be the face but on the short and on the shirt. Yes, my two year old didn't understand that the sparklers could burn. He didn't get burnt, but boy were there tears.

Brittany said...

just wanted to say your girls are all so cute!!! and the pic of you and kris back in the day....NICE! haha :)

Lynleah (Bevans) Smart said...

I love the pic of your and Chris 10 yrs ago compared to now. You haven't changed much at all! Your girls are so cute and they just look like they love each other so much!

Julie said...

I love that old picture of you and Kris. You look SO young. The current one is VERY good as is the whole family one. Looks like they had lots of fun riding in the parade. Love the decked out barbie jeep.

Chris and Tysen DeMartini said...

Ok, so the pictures of the kids in black and white with the flag colored are the cutest ever! how did you do that? Hopefully you are figuring out photoshop so you can show me? It was fun to be together on the 4th, we had a great holiday with everyone!

Brooke said...

Wow, what a post! Looks like you guys have been having a most delightful summer so far! :) I love your family picture and like Julie said, you look SO YOUNG in that engagement pic! Adorable. :)