Mia's Homecoming video

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Through the eyes of a child

A few weeks ago we were at the park eating lunch with some friends and there were a few construction workers working in a hole nearby and they had stopped to take a lunch break. The one nearest to us was a very scruffy looking man with long hair and tattoes all over his arms. As we were sitting there I notice Bree has snuck off and I look over just in time to see her walk up behind this man and wrap her arms around his neck and give him a big hug. Then she smiled and waved to him as she quickly walked away. He had a big smile on his face as she left. It was SO cute! If only we could all be so sweet loving and non judgemental as my little Bree. Apparantly she thought this man needed a hug that day----and maybe he did.

9 comments:

Cam and Chaly said...

How sweet!

Anonymous said...

YES BREE! You are among the elite few that have that very special spirit about you to know when someone needs a smile, hug, or a wave! You will touch many :-)

Aubrey said...

WOW! She is special.

Wehoos said...

That is so precious. She would have certainly made my day! Hope you guys are doing well!

Suzanne said...

What a great story! I bet she totally made that guy's day! I want to be more like Bree.

Natalie said...

She's such a sweetheart. What an awesome little girl you have!

Mary said...

Cute story and I LOVE that picture of her. It just totally captures her darling personality!

Julie said...

So glad you wrote this down. I love Bree's hugs and can't imagine anyone not smiling and having a better day after getting one! Love that cute Bree!

Jenny C said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard! I love that! What a sweetheart!