What else would Bree want for her birthday party than to celebrate with a Dora Fiesta?!! Kyra and Adrie were dissapointed that I wasn't inviting Bree's little friends over for the party. We just had family over. The girls and I decorated everything on saturday while Bree was asleep so when she woke up she was in HEAVEN with Dora EVERYWHERE!
I made a Dora centerpiece/bouquet
Made Dora streamers to decorate

A Dora poster which also doubled as a fun "pin the bracelet sticker on Dora" game
Kyra made a "map adventure" scavenger hunt with clues that led to different Dora items throughout the house and ended at the Dora ball pit with this treasure....
Backpack with Dora goodie bags for everyone
Daddy and Bree
A quick snack before the guests arrived

I even found latex balloons with dora and boots on them!
I also found this cute birthday girl crown set with Dora on it
She loved wearing it for the half hour before the party but of course as soon as people started arriving she took it right off.
She is very into having "toat" lately and wouldn't put it down for this picture.
Me and my birthday girl

She was SO excited wating by the door with dad for guests to arrive and each time someone came she opened the door, then ran over to Kris and babbled something exciting about it.

The girls
Bree counting with dad






I made these vinyl things for the drinks and made Dora straw toppers for the straws (thanks for the drink idea Lex)
We didn't have any idea Bree would be SOO into the pin the bracelet on Dora game! She was hilarious! She did it about 10 times and even wanted the blindfold on!
She looks like she has a headwounde in this picture as the blindfold is falling off
Uncle Roman shared in the birthday festivities since his birthday was on Valentines so of course he had to do the game...on his knees...and he won!
I couldn't find a Dora cake I really loved so I just ordered one decorated with this outdoor scene from Target (they have the YUMMIEST cool whip type frosting!) and then I bought this little on the go travel Dora toy and set up on the cake. It turned out cute!

Bree was very excited about it!

Shaley made cute "r" cupcakes for Roman
Bree was so funny as we were all singing happy birthday she just kept looking at Roman and smiling and trying to sing it to him!
She even leaned over to help him blow his candles out
And of course she cheered for herself once she got the candles out


She was really cute with her presents and VERY excited about opening them! THe first couple she opened, she stood up and did a little dance in between each one. It was hilarious! Then she got a little smothered by all the "help" from the cousins and sisters so the dancing only lasted for the first couple gifts!



she even held up the clothes she opened
And the greatest entertainment came from the Dora microphone! She danced and put on the most hilarious show for us all for a good half hour! She is full of quite the moves!
Inspecting the new Dancing Dora doll (thanks to Target clearance perusing)


Lovin her new puppy!
Bree was very excited about it!
It turned out to be a fun celebration and I think she loved every minute of it!
15 comments:
Kecia, your daughter is so beautiful. She seems to happy and so...perfect. She is very blessed to be in your family and your family is blessed to have her. :)
That was quite the party!!! I didn't realize she JUST turned 3. What a doll! Happy Birthday Bree!
What a party. Sorry we didn't make it. Avery is still mad about it. I love all the Dora decor and even the cute scavenger hunt Kyra made. You can tell she LOVED it.
I saw your post title on my cousin-in-law's blog (Natalie) and thought- hey, she has a Bree, too!
I thought I'd look to see what your Bree was like, and lo and behold- we have the same taste in blog backgrounds. ;D And picture frames- haha! I have the same black with white mats.
Normally I'd just "stalk" and leave- but this was so weird I had to say something. :)
holy moly! You threw the MOST adorable party ever! Perfect for a 3 year old. Brigitte is OBSESSED with Dora, who she for some unknown reason she calls "go-go". We dont even watch it on TV, she learned about her from pull up samples that come in the mail! And you were BRilliant with the cake idea! Too cute to just buy toppers I might have to steal your ideas....or hire you as my professional party planner!
Okay... can I just tell you how gorgeous she is?! (which you already know!) It was so fun to see you guys today! Happy Birthday to Bree! Can't wait to have another get together in the future!
Kecia that looks like the cutest party ever! You always have the greatest ideas. I may have to steal some for my Dora obsessed daughter. I love that she danced about her gifts. THat is so cute!
Another AWESOME party by Kecia!! Way to go. Bree looks like she was in DORA heaven!
(We're on the countdown . . . 24 hours!)
I am doing a Dora theme for my almost 3 year old! Thanks for all the cute ideas. You always do such cute things for your family! Bree looks like she has so much fun!
Your Bree has got it going ON! Happy B-day to Breeeeeee!
(my real name is actually Brianne.)'
We are LDS, too! Wahooooo!
Happy Birthday Bree!!!
Oh my goodness, she could not possibly be any cuter!! Looks like a great party, I will have to remember the Dora theme when Ella's next b-day rolls around!!
Oh, she is sooooooo adorable!!! What a little ball of sunshine!! And such a fun party - Samantha loves Dora, too. I'm with Kacey - Dora might be an excellent theme for Sammi's birthday this year. Happy Birthday, Bree!
Thanks for visiting my blog, btw.
Way Cute!! I am sorry we were out of town! I love how excited Bree was about everything! So cute!
Such a cute party!! Wish we were closer to celebrate! Give her a late birthday hug for us. Miss you all!
Happy, happy birthday!
Your girls are beautiful!
Post a Comment