Mia's Homecoming video

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bree's 1st Day of Preschool

Last week Bree started her public preschool. She is in a "typical" class with about 12-15 kids, 2 teachers, and usually another special ed teacher, and then she gets help from special ed aides both in class as well as therapy outside of class (speech, pysical, occupational, etc) I LOVE how inclusive it all is!! I was really nervous about this new phase and so far it has been fabulous for her! She just keeps loving it more and more.

Ready to head out the door for the 1st day of preschool


My two preschool goers...Adrie was so cute and excited for Bree and wanted their picture together.

I LOVE how Bree is looking up at her smiling!







Heading into the preschool.....she looks SOO little!


Bree and her cubby...each time they get to class they have to find their name tag and go put it on one of the cubbies...it has only been 3 days of her going to class and she has figured it out.
Checking out some of the kids....she was only a little hesitant at first and then she went right in and sat on the teachers lap in the middle of the floor. Since then she just goes running in and when I pick her up she is SO cute and excited and happy to try and tell me all about it! Every time we ask her if she likes school she yells "DAHHH(yeah)!!"
Proudly showing off her first masterpiece.
Yesterday when I picked her up the speech therapist was telling me how well she is doing and how they all just love her and she already knows them and blows them kisses when she sees them. It made me really happy to hear! It is hard not being able to really talk to Bree about what she did, so I try to ask the teachers when I pick her up about what they did so I can ask Bree about it. The speech therapist also told me about a cute little girl who took Bree under her wing the first day and held her hand and tried to help her stay in line (I imagine that was a difficult task) I was just happy to hear someone tried to be a friend to her....I hope she can make some cute little friends there.
I still can't believe she is hold enough to be doing this, but it makes it a lot easier knowing she is doing well and seeing how happy she is!

13 comments:

cat+tadd=sam said...

I'm so happy for her! She's such a big girl, it's crazy!

Mary said...

Love that last pic with her project! She is a doll. It is really hard to believe that she is old enough to go to preschool on her own! So, glad that she is doing so great!!
PS I want her skirt in my size!

Emily said...

How fun is that?! She looks darling! So glad she's loving it!

Summer said...

She looks so cute with her little back pack heading into school! What an adorable little girl!

Natalie said...

She does look so little with her backpack on, walking to the school. I bet it's a huge relief for you that she loves preschool. What a great adventure for her! (Oh, and she couldn't look any cuter! Little Miss Fashionista!)

Becca said...

They are the best fashion models!! Btw, I love Bree's skirt - where did you get that??
Preschool is really an amazing thing, and it's incredible how much our kids absorb. Do the teachers send a paper home telling what they did that day? Ours has a line at the bottom that says, "Ask me about..." and the teacher fills in what they talked about that day. I find it really helpful for my conversations with Samantha. Glad Bree loves it!!

Julie said...

I'm so glad that she loves preschool. I love how excited she gets talking about it. I love the pictures of her and Adrie in front of your door. So cute and she looks so grown up in the one of her looking at the camera. I wish Avery could go with her.

Lisa said...

She's precious! We were at that same point just a few months ago...and it took no time to get settled into a routine. I was so worried about Bridget starting school. I really miss her when she's gone, but I love that someone (other than just me) is working with her, and she is making huge progress. Plus, I get a few hours to myself each day! Yeah for school :)!

lexi said...

So cute. I just bought that same outfit for Paige two weeks ago. Still have the same taste....

Kacey Bode said...

That is awesome! Sounds exactly like Ella's preschool, all typical kids, Ella and she has an aide. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! She is doing so good and has learned SO many words and is actually using them!

Tausha said...

I am so nervous for Sam to start preschool, it's so good to hear good stories from other Mom's. Bree is so darling.

Bethany said...

So happy she likes it! I was so nervous sending both of my girls to preschool, but there really is nothing better for them! :) She is a cutie!

susan said...

How many days a week does she go to school? Charity just started. It is Mon,Wed, Fri. She is in a communication delay class with cognitively typical kids just speech delay. It is taught by a speech pathologist. She only has 2 1/2 hour sessions of OT a month. Is that normal? No aid, but there are like 4-5 teachers in the class of about 12. Class is 9-12. When you get the chance, I am interested in knowing more about Bree's class.