Mia's Homecoming video

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What are the chances......

That Bree would end up with a first cousin with down syndrome???
This is our new little precious niece Lyla Mae.....
born today to Kris's sister!

Tysen, Chris and Lyla
The picture above is Bree when she was born , below is Lyla......apparantly these two were buddies in heaven and had a plan to be together!!

I have cried tears of joy all day for this new addition to the family.....especially when I got the chance to hold her for a minute! How exciting for Bree to have Lyla to share lifes experiences with! I can't wait for Bree to get to meet her...we couldn't take the kids to the hospital so she will have to wait a few days.

I know it is a difficult,emotional roller coaster for Tysen and Chris right now, because we were there once too, but soon they will know of the incredible, unexplainable joy that is just around the corner!

Welcome to the world and to our family Lyla Mae!

20 comments:

Emily said...

Lyla is beautiful! Congratulations to her and your entire family! That is just simply awesome. I secretly wish that someone close to us would be blessed with a baby with DS too ;).

DeDee said...

How cute it that! Lifelong friends and cousins to share their lives with....perfect!

Julie said...

Crying all over again reading this. She's beautiful. Her and Bree will be the best of friends.

Emily said...

Oh... I am so jealous! I have to admit that I would LOVE a family member or dear friend to share this amazing bond with! Enjoy her... xo

Tausha said...

That is so sweet and I am so excited for you and Bree. I to wish I had a close family or friend to share these experiences with. Congratulations to you and this new family.

heather said...

What an amazing experience for your two families. You're right about how neat it will be for Bree and Lyla to have each other. And how lucky your sis-in-law and bro-in-law are to have your family as a resource of information and acceptance. Bree is such an amazing girl. . . just knowing her has to be a huge strength to them at this time.

Summer said...

Wow! I can't believe it! That is so amazing! Don and I have often said how nice it would be to have someone close to us that had a child with Down Syndrome. Bree and Lyla will have so much fun together! How neat for you to be able to share those neat experiences with your sister-in-law and brother-in-law too. I'm sure it has made it a lot easier for them to accept knowing how amazing sweet little Bree is. Seeing Bree on your blog made me realize that everything would be ok, when I had Jayne. Congratulations on your new ADORABLE little niece! She really is beautiful!!!

motherofangels said...

They are lucky to have you to help them through it!!! She is precious!

Woodbury Fam said...

That is amazing! What a blessing for you family. They must have planned this in heaven. They just knew they couldn't be too far apart.

lexi said...

No Way!? That is amazing! Did they know before she was born? I'm sure it is such a comfort to Tyson and Chris to have known how special Bree is and have you guys to guide them. How wonderful for Bree too! I love when you said they were friends in heaven. Please tell Tyson and family congratulations. She is beautiful.

Becca said...

What a beautiful baby! Congratulations to Tysen and Chris - they're very lucky to have such an amazing, built-in support system from you guys, and to have had such a sweet example from Bree. That is a pretty amazing coincidence. Hope Lyla's healthy!

Unknown said...

ooooohhhhh this post gave me baby fever! (Good thing im ready to pop!)

And I cant wait to see future posts of these two little buddies. It is so clearly not by chance that Bree and Lyla ended up together in your family!!! What lucky girls. They will never think or wonder if they are different because they will be too busy having a great time. I love it!!!

Amber Ferran said...

Thank you for posting pictures! She is beautiful!

Our Little Fam said...

That is soo neat!! So fun for Bree! She looks so sweet!

Kacey Bode said...

Wow, what are the chances indeed!!! Congrats to her parents and to you guys too!! I'm still it is still difficult for them, but they will be so much further ahead having known the wonderful Miss Bree!!!

Kim said...

That is amazing! She is beautiful! Such a wonderful gift!

Mary said...

Truly a miracle. Congrats to all of you! XOXOXO

Bethany said...

Oh wow! That is awesome! I'm sure they are dealing with the raw emotion, but hopefully knowing Bree helps them along their course. I always secretly wish someone in my family would have a kid with DS too. :)

Brooke said...

Oh WOW!!! She's so beautiful! What an amazing experience Lyla and Bree will have together. How unique. And you and Kris will be SUCH a strength to Tysen and Chris. What an AMAZING family you all have. WOW. This post made me cry too. :) Love ya! xoxoxo

Runningmama said...

Lyla is beautiful!