This is what our house has looked like the last few days
Wednesday night I took Bree to the instacare for croup.
Thursday afternoon I called my doctor because I was having shortness of breath and heaviness in my chest and my heart was racing and felt like I had the gunk my kids had and at first they were going to call me in an antibiotic and then the doctor called back and said he would feel better if I went to the ER to get checked out because these are the same symptoms that you can have with a blood clot in the lung and with me being a high risk pregnancy he wanted us to ere on the side of caution just in case. I was supposed to be at the school helping with the fundraiser but instead I sent my older girls with my fabulous friend so they didn't have to miss out and at about 6 on thursday night I went into the ER. Kris was home with Mia and Bree and Mia suddenly started wheezing really bad and had a high fever so at 8 he took her to the pediatrician and found that she had an ear infection and croup as well. He called our babysitter to stay with the other girls but then while he was at the doctor I called him because they were going to have me do a CT scan to check for blood clots. They had done a blood test that tests the thickness of your blood and normal is around 500 and mine was 1100 so they were concerned enough that they felt I needed to do the CT scan. I was nervous for the babies but they shielded both sides of my belly and said the risk was higher for me not to get it checked than it was for the babies to have it done. At this point I was a little nervous so Kris took Mia home and called another fabulous friend to go get Mia's prescriptions and take them home to her and then that friend relieved the babysitter, gave Mia the medicine and got her to bed and even picked up my house for me, making it possible for Kris to come to the ER with me. Just when I was about to be put in the big machine for the scan, the nurse said " I am supposed to tell you your husband is here and will be waiting in your room when we are done" Just hearing that, made me lots more at ease to do the scan. After the scan we waited and the doctors seemed fairly concerned that they would find a clot because of the high numbers on the blood work but thankfully the scan came back clean with no clots so they sent us home. Now that the scary stuff is ruled out, I am just on an antibiotic and hopefully that helps.
Miss Mia has not been sick once yet since she has been home and then she comes down with it at this crazy time. It was a crazy night and we got home around 10. We are super thankful for great friends who always save us in times of need!
Bree's croup seemed worse again today so they had me give her another dose of steroid, and Adrie coughed all night so it will be a stay at home day/weekend for us.
The one positive thing about Mia being sick, is at least this time, for the first time in 4 1/2 years, she had a mom and a dad to cuddle her and take care of her while she was sick.
12 comments:
Oh dear what a night. Glad to hear everyone is on the mend. Praying for health for all of you!
Goodness!! That's enough to last for a long long time! sending a get well prayer for everyone!!!
Praying for your family! Thank the Lord for friends that can help :D
My goodness! How crazy! I'm glad you are okay and the little ones are on the mend. Frankie got hit with croup wed. night. Thankfully we have plenty of steroid drugs on hand or we would have ended up in the ER. Last winter he got it 6 times. It's so scary when they can't breathe!
Perfect weather for staying indoors! Snuggle up and get well soon!
Oh, dear, I'm sorry you've all been so sick!! But how amazing and wonderful it is for Mia to have you!!! That's a great perspective. Hope you're all better soon!
Bless your heart! I hope all of you are feeling better soon.
Holy cow, what a crazy few days! Im finally getting back in my groove. I cant believe your prego with twins! How funny is that!
Not a fun day from the sounds of it... Praying for better health for all of you!! Did you say babies?? Sorry I am going to have to read further back. I am new to your blog ;)
Jaclyn
http://adoptutah.blogspot.com/
So love you all! xoxoxo
I'm sorry you and your family has been going through such a week. it's good to hear things wern't more serious with you. Hope you all get feeling better. Take care and we will be praying for you.
HOW DO YOU DO IT????? Seriously thank goodness for good friends right? I am SO GLAD everything is slowly getting better and that you didnt have a crazy blood clot! I dont know how you are coping with 4 kids and a twin pregnancy....and now sickness on top of normal everyday stress!!! just typing that makes me feel tired for you! I hope everything adjusts back to normal soon. I seriously LOVE fall - except for the mandatory trips to the Doctor which seem to always happen. Lets hope this was the last bug you guys get for a while!
Hoping things are getting better for you all! I so enjoy your blog. You have opened my eyes to the world of DS and helped me to understand my niece is just a niece with a little something extra.
Post a Comment