Mia's Homecoming video

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dad takes over the blog-update on the surgery

So I don't know this blog thing very well but in Kecia's absence I thought I'd give it a shot. I just talked to the doctor and the laser surgery went as good as could be expected. He identified all the vascular points and zapped them with the laser and told me that she no longer has TTTS and that the livelihood of the babies are no longer dependent on each other, meaning that they no longer will transfer nutrients back and forth but both get their nutrients from the placenta on their own. We are so glad that everything went well! We are definitely not out of the woods but this is a huge step to keep the babies alive and inside the womb as long as possible. It is amazing that this is even possible because as recent as 5 -10 years ago these babies would have not had any options available to survive. What a miracle!

The doctor decided not to do the cerclage at this point due to Kecia's anatomy and it being difficult to get access to it but said we would take another look tomorrow and evaluate whether or not we will pursue it further. It is more preventative and he felt that it wasn't worth the risks right now.

While he was in there he got a couple fun pictures of the babies with his scope. Since I don't know how to edit the photos, the first 2 pics are Baby B's hand and foot and the 3rd one is Baby A's mouth.

Thank you all from the bottom of our hearts for taking time out of your schedules to join us in prayer on behalf of our family and these two babies. We are grateful for the hand of the Lord in our lives and have felt your love and support. The doctor told us that we all need to say a simple prayer for tomorrow and that is that we will see 2 heartbeats and that her cervix will not have opened anymore. We love you all! Thx

42 comments:

Cathy said...

Wonderful news!!! I will continue to lift all of you up in prayer. Love the photos!!!

The Lehnick Family said...

Thanks so much Kris for keeping us all updated...have been thinking about you guys all day...will continue to pray that these precious little babies will do just fine now...the pictures are amazing!

Beth said...

Awesome job Kris!!!! We will all continue to lift you and these sweet baby girls in our prayers.

Unknown said...

You are in our thoughts, so thanks for keeping us up-to-date! The prayers will continue...until these two sweet girls are home. Safe. Thanks for keeping us updated. Give Kecia our love.
Elizabeth & Curt Jensen

Unknown said...

Oh, and those pictures are AMAZING! What treasures!

Joyce said...

Great post Kris!! Thank you for keeping us in the loop. Sounds like the procedure did what it needed to do. We will keep praying for miracles to happen.

KDSteck said...

Bring on the HEART BEATS!!!! Those pics are amazing - toe nails, I see toe nails. How sweet they are already. We will continue to keep you in our prayers and thoughts for a good 24 hours

Wife; Mom to the Six said...

Great news, Kris! Give Kecia a hug and tell her we're praying!!

Kristen's mom said...

Thanks for the update. I will continue to pray for you.
What amazing pictures.

Cam and Chaly said...

So glad the surgery went well! What awesome pictures!

Cam and Chaly said...

So glad the surgery went well! What awesome pictures!

Jessica Lynn said...

So glad the surgery was a success! And, you got some amazing pictures for the photo album in the process. :)

I'll definitely keep you, Kecia and the twins in my prayers.

Lisa said...

You two have been on my mind. I am so glad to hear that so far things have went well. You continue to be in my prayers. Best wishes!

Denise said...

You did perfect on the blog update Kris!! Thanks for keeping all of us nosy bodies up to date, we so appreciate it!! So glad to hear that all has gone as well as expected. Praying for good news and two heart beats tomorrow.

Becca said...

Most. Amazing. Photos. EVER.

Anonymous said...

amazing photos! praying for you all...

Patti said...

awesome news- and LOVE those photos!!

Jaclyn M said...

Thank you for the update!!! So thankful things went well.... Will be praying with you tonight and tomorrow!!!

Jamie Wooddell said...

Praising God for a successful surgery! We will continue to pray for the safety of the girls.

Hope Anne said...

Met you briefly in Ukraine outside the SDA . . . have been following your blog and praying . . . thank you for keeping us posted.

She’s Our Butterfly said...

So glad to hear all went well...I will continue praying for you all. The pictures are absolutely amazing!

Natalie said...

That is so good to hear. Those pictures are beautiful. Only 5-10 years ago this my not have even been possible? WOW!!! that is amazing the things that progress in such a short time. We are still praying for you all that things will go well.
this is dnnelsonfamily.blogspot.com by-the-way. I was just signed in to my other account.

Melanie Parker said...

The pictures are amazing and I am so grateful the surgery went well. What a blessing. You will continue to be in our prayers.

wonder411 said...

Thank you so much for keeping us all updated I have been thinking and praying for you all day, praying that you see 2 strong heart beats in the morning!!!!

Kristin said...

Great news. Thanks for the update Kris - and cool pics! Praying all continues to go well.

Stephanie said...

Thank you for the update!!You did a great job. And those pics are beyond words.

Hope Kecia is feeling ok.

Keeping the prayers going and going:)

Mary said...

Thank you so much for the update. Have been praying all day! Love the pictures.

cathy said...

SO very happy & relieved for you, all

more prayers coming your way

xoxo
cathy

Jelly said...

Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. Having gone through a very scary pregnancy this last time, I know how difficult that can be. The babies are absolutely precious and we are praying for their survival. God is GOOD all the time, and I know He is taking care of all of you.

Mud pies and Moonlight said...

You give Kecia a big ol smooch on the forehead from me. Love y'all and you take care of each other and those precious babies!

Catherine Just said...

Great news and I will continue to send you lots of healing love and energy! xoxoxox Catherine, Jerry and Max

my family said...

thank u for the update will continue prayers. sweet hands and picts.

Amy @ OurScoop said...

Thank heavens for modern medicine!!! It's so good to hear that things went well!! I will pray for the best for you guys! Thanks for allowing us to know the details. Those pictures are so sweet!!

Gretchen said...

Praying babies look great in the a.m. and that that cervix stays nice and tight!

Thanks for the update. Blessings to you both and your family.

Gretchen
ready4ross.blogspot.com

Bethany said...

oh my goodness kecia, just catching up on you! praying praying!! my bff from high school has twins, and she got a cerclage early. hope you can keep going without it and so happy the surgery was a success!

Runningmama said...

This is just AMAZING! I am so glad to hear that every one is doing well.

Shannon Sundberg said...

We will continue to pray for your sweet family. We are so glad to hear that things went well today. Please know that we are thinking about you.
Love,
The Sundbergs

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Having twins myself I am sure you are very anxious about all of this. I will lift you and your family up in prayer.

Jenessa said...

Amazing photos! I am so grateful that the surgery went well. You are all in our prayers.

Nealy said...

Rejoicing with you! Praying for you! Thank you so much for the update.

Unknown said...

DAD'S voice made me cry!praying for you all xxxx

Summer said...

I guess I haven't checked blogs in a while and didn't know all of this was going on. How stressful! I am SO glad that the surgery went well. The pictures are amazing! We will keep your sweet family in our thoughts and prayers.