Mia's Homecoming video

Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend Wrapup

Thursday morning Bree's world as she knew it changed. After a month of weird stuff going on in my body, it was still not taking care of itself so the doctors decided to treat it as an ectopic pregnancy which meant I had to go to the John Huntsman cancer center for an injection of methotrexate which is a chemo drug but in a much smaller dose. Hopefully this works so we don't have to do anything else. So after the injection I had to cold turkey stop nursing Bree which was no fun for either of us! As I was complaining about getting this done and about all this that has been going on this last month I decided to look at a few of the positive aspects. 1-I couldn't complain much as I entered the cancer center because I was only there for a one time thing, and I was grateful for that adn my heart went out to those who have to be there all the time. 2-I was beginning to get mad that this whole thing had been going on so long and then I realized that Bree didn't start eating baby food on her own until two weeks ago (during all this) and now that she can't nurse she desperately needed to know how to do that. 3-I am grateful for a great husband to take care of things while I have been down this weekend and for great friends and family who are always helping!
So Thursday and Friday Bree refused the bottle and would just look at me in this sweet little sad face wondering why I was being mean and not feeding her. She was fussy and kept wanting to eat from me so I finally layed her on the floor and a few minutes later I came in to find this........


She had picked up her little snow hat off the floor and fell asleep sucking on it! It made me so sad that I couldn't explain to her why I couldn't feed her! She was such a trooper and still slept through the night even without a bottle! Finally after two days she woke up saturday morning and took the formula and has been doing great ever since. Kyra thought it was great to get to feed her a bottle.
While we were stuck in the house most of the weekend we still managed to get some fun Christmas things done. We made the traditional gingerbread house that the girls always love. It turned out better than the one last year that kept falling down.
Saturday brought another snow storm which meant more fun in the snow for Kris and the girls (it is a good thing he likes it)
This snowman was built especially for Mark!

They went all out this time and built three snowmen!Then they moved to the back yard and built a sled hill off of their slide!
They had a great time! the rest of the weekend was kindof a blur after this because I got really sick and then was on Loratab for the pain so Kris basically took over but I am glad we still fit in some fun Christmas stuff!

9 comments:

Mary said...

I can't believe Mark didn't comment about that cute snowman made in his honor! He must be speechless!

Mary said...

And, that picture of Bree asleep on the floor is so cute and sad at the same time! I'm so glad she's gotten past the worst of this! And, I hope the same for you as well. You amaze me!

Mark said...

To tell you the truth I typed up several comments in regards to the snowman but didn't publish them. They included me doing mean things to your front yard or snowmen doing mean things to your yard. However, Mary told me that if I want friends (I'm not saying I do), I have to type nicer comments.

Brooke said...

I'm sorry about the whole nursing thing--But it seems that Bree is adapting so well like she has her whole little life! What a good baby she is. And FUN snow pics--three snowmen?!? Holy cow. And love the hill thing, we need to do that in our yard now! :)

Julie said...

Oh sweet Bree. What a blessing she has been to your family! You're such a trooper through all this. I'm glad you could enjoy some fun holiday activities, still! Would you please tell Kris to stop trying to show everyone up with his 3 snowmen!! The gingerbread house turned out so cute!

Curt and Amy said...

Bree is so sweet, I am glad she is doing better with not being able to nurse. Curt and I keep praying for you Kecia! Call me if you aren't feeling well and I will take the girls! Curt and I love them!! I love the ginger bread house! It looks so cute! How fun for you and your family seeing the lights at temple square! The snowmen and sledding hill are so much fun! I bet the girls love it when Chris plays with them out in the snow!

Natalie said...

That's so hard to quit nursing your baby...especially when you're not ready. Cute little Bree all curled up with her hat! Big hugs to you, mom.

I love the whopping snowman. How many hours did that take?

Our Little Fam said...

That picture of Bree is soo sweet. Oh and as you can tell from my blog, your gingerbread house is amazing in comparison.

Chereebee said...

Oh poor little Bree - that just breaks my heart! The picture of her on the floor asleep is so cute!!
I'm so glad that she is starting to adjust to the whole formula bottle thing. What a little trooper she is!