Mia's Homecoming video

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Birthday Tea Party

Kyra turned 6 yesterday-wow that sounds so old! She is a little girl now and it is making me so sad to think how fast she is growing up! She is such a big helper and loves her little sisters so much! She is a great example as the oldest child and I am going to be lost without her home all day next year to help me out! For her party with her friends we had a birthday tea party and they each brought a doll to the tea party with them. Kyra was excited to wear her new birthday dress and sparkly shoes to the party.We had doilies and sucker/flower centerpieces on the tablesWe served fancy crackers and cheese on fancy silver plattersWe made fancy cookies with white chocolate and sprinkles-also served on fancy silver plattersEach girl got one of these favors-a little glass tea cup full of necklaces, bracelets, etc.

We served the pink tea in these mini litte porcelian tea sets
and I made a tea pot cake


The girls got to make fans out of paper and doilies
Isabella, Kyra and Adrie
Ashlyn, Sadie and Halle
Emma and Natalie

Bree really wanted to be a part of the party too and she kept trying to crawl into the middle of the action. (cute dress huh Caitlyn?)
We played "hot tea pot" in the backyard
The dolls also played the tea pot game with the girls-and each doll got their own tiara




The TEA PARY-

The girls had SO much fun having their Tea party!
The dolls had their own blanket and tea party on the floor next to the girls tableKyra and her doll got matching flower clips for their hair.


I LOVE this picture because this is how the girls were the whole time-just giggling and laughing and have a grand time.
They LOVED pouring their own tea from all the mini tea pots!
And what would a tea party be without a toast?!
Grandma Linda came to help and the girls thought it was so funny when she would serve the dolls food too!


Bree enjoying some party food too! Grandma and Bree! Thanks for the help mom!
Isabella and Ashlyn
Halle and Kyra
Natalie and Adrie
Emma and Sadie

Kyra and her tea pot cake
Adrie and Bree-Adrie was so cute and excited that Kyra "invited" her to the party too!
And of course Adrie was THRILLED to have an excuse to wear a dress!

Me and my cute girls!

Blowing out the candles and making a wish!

Kyra got lots of cute things from her friends, a tinkerbell blanket, some American girl books. a sidewalk chalk toy, a picnic set, a scrapbook, some my little ponies, and a "birthday princess" doll from grandma


After the girls made their fans they showed us their princess pose-How cute are they?!

So it turned out to be a really fun party! Although it is lots of work-it sure is worth it when you get to see their sweet little smiles and hear them giggling. Happy Birthday Ky! We love you so much and we are so proud of the wonderful little girl you are becoming!!






12 comments:

Pepper said...

The pictures are sooooo cute. How do you come up with such creative ideas? Natalie had such a blast. Thanks again for inviting her.

Mary said...

Thanks for the great party! Sadie said they had so much fun just "talking and laughing" and the tea party part was her favorite! Such a cute party.

likeschocolate said...

K-What a cute idea for a birthday party. I so need a girl. However, boys it is. I was wondering if you might be able to help a mom out on in Arizona. She has a 4 month old who was born with Downs and CHD. Anyway, she really hasn't had time to look into services available because her daughter has been so sick and they have a crummy social worker. She is so stressed because her insurance has a cap and they might just meet that cap soon. Anyway, I know that Bree isn't sick, but if you have any advice to offer I was wondering if you could help her. The family can be found on our blog via Heart Heros. Her daughters name is Eden. If anything else, she might be in need of a friend who is going through similar circumstances. She is also a mom of 3 girls. Thanks, Kelleyn

Natalie said...

The teapot birthday cake is fab! Hello! Can you say Martha Stewart? I love the tea party theme. I'll be tucking this idea away for future reference.

Emily said...

What a fun party! You can tell they all loved every minute of it. I love the cake...

lexi said...

So fun! Love all the cute ideas--so excited that I get to copy you one day! I noticed the new kitchen in one of the pictures--you need to post more, it looks beautiful!

DeDee said...

That teapot cake turned out adorable!!!

P.S. I would like to see your new-and-improved kitchen. Did I miss more pics somewhere?

MARZO'S said...

Your girls are so beautiful!!! i love the cake and love the picture of your mom and bree, so cute!

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute mom and have adorable girls! Way to go on the party! She'll have great memories to last a lifetime!

Julie said...

I love all these cute pictures. That was such a cute party and Halle hasn't stopped playing with her tea cup yet. The cake turned out SO cute.

Georges said...

You should start a party-planning business! What a perfect little girl birthday party. Such cute pictures. Your family is darling.

Our Little Fam said...

that cake is darling. what a cute party!