Mia's Homecoming video

Friday, June 6, 2008

Kindergarten is Gone?!

It is time for the "I can't believe my little girl is going to be a first grader" post. Really....I can NOT believe how fast this year went! It seriously feels like it was just a few weeks ago that we were taking this picture on her first day of school.........
This is Kyra on her last day of kindergarten. It's amazing how much she has grown this year. She started out so shy and now she is sad to leave her class, her friends and her teacher. I am SO grateful for the wonderful experience she had in kindergarten this year. I just wish school could be half a day for a few more years. I have been having MAJOR sad moments realizing that my little family will never be the same with Ky in school all day next year. I can't even think about her being gone from me all day and not being able to have her go to the park, or other activities with us. Then I start feeling guilty that I haven't done enough with her while I had her with me all day. Adrie is REALLY going to miss her too. So we are going to have to do lots of fun activities together this summer! On the last day of school we walked to Kyra's school and picked her up and then walked over to the park with some friends. Adrie Lou BellI have decided I need a swing for my backyard because Bree LOVES it! It is so cute to watch her in it! She just giggles the whole time!
SCHOOL"S OUT BBQ-
Friday evening Kris was stuck doing tile in the kitchen and we needed to be out of his hair so it was perfect excuse to go to Papa Steve's for a BBQ and swimming to celebrate the start of summer. Although it wasn't all that warm out the kids didn't care-they swam for over 2 hours.
Ellie playing with Bree.
Bree loved just sitting on the step splashing

If only the weather would decide it was summer so we could do this more often!






8 comments:

Natalie said...

Kyra really did change a lot from her first day to her last day of kindergarten pictures! I still have a hard time sending my kids off to school. We're definitely going to play it up this summer while we are all together.

Julie said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks from her first day of school. I can't think about her being gone all day next year either...Halle's going to be LOST!

Mary said...

When I start to get sad about this same issue, I just remind myself that she'll probably be having a lot more fun at school than she ever does here! Kyra has changed a lot this year - so fun to see. Also, cute swimming pictures!

lexi said...

I can't believe how much Kyra has changed/grown up in one year! So exciting. You are crazy to feel quilty about not spending enough fun time with your kids--you are the best mom and are always doing something great with them!

Chereebee said...

you have been bustin' out the posts lately - I love it!
-k- I can't believe how grown up Kyra looks compared to the first of the year!! She is too cute!

cat+tadd=sam said...

Wow! She did grow up a lot! You don't notice it when you see her often!

I really can't get enough of pictures of Bree, she is the sweetest thing!

Woodbury Fam said...

It is so hard to let go of each year. How do they grow so fast. I can't keep up. What a fun way to celbrate.

likeschocolate said...

I just want you to know that since you first left a message on my blog, I periodically check your blog. Your girls are the cutest; especially Bree. They give me such a big smile. Coming from a mom with three boys it is fun looking at their matching outfits and everything girl. Thanks, Romans mom