
So, hurdle #2 for me was putting Kyra on the school bus for the first time last week. She decided that she wanted to ride it the second day of school. It was the weirdest feeling to stand there and watch her get on this big bus with all these big kids and then just stand there helpless as they drive away, hoping that she would make it to her class and know what she was supposed to do without me there. I felt this pit in my stomach after she drove off (she didn't even cry-although she seemed pretty nervous) so I walked back home and put the other two girls in the car and drove to the school to make sure she was ok and had made it. I know, it is embarrassing to admit but I did it! I didn't let her know I was there, I just pulled around the back and watched her from the car as she lined up to go into the school with her class. She was all smiles and playing with her little friend so I felt much better and as I headed home i was much more at ease. I even let her go the second time without following the bus. Luckily she has her friend jaxon (above) and Emma (below) to ride with.

Kyra bravely getting on the bus for the first time

Kyra waiting for the bus the second time

Adrie had a hard time letting Kyra get on the bus because she wanted to go too so she was very eager to go pick her up at the bus stop. She looks so cute watching for the bus!

I can't believe how little she looks coming off that big bus! She was really excited because on friday dad had work off so he got to see her getting on the bus too!
4 comments:
I don't blame you for driving to school to make sure she got there okay. I'll be following the bus next year with Halle. You got some really cute pictures of it all!
I know how you feel about worrying whether your child will get to the right place. Emma missed the bus home her first day. I panicked! All the kids got off and she wasn't there. Then the school called my cell phone. It was a relief.
Way fun pictures of all the action!!
Kyra has sure turned into a cute little confident kiddo! I love it.
Post a Comment