Mia's Homecoming video

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Archuletta and the playoffs

Friday night Kris and I got to go to the jazz playoff game and see David Archuletta sing the national anthem! We had 12th row tickets behind the jazz bench and it was SO much fun! The playoffs are so much more fun than regular season.
I couldn't believe how many cameras the poor guy had in his face while he was trying to sing! The crowd cheered louder for him than for the Jazz.
WOW! What a voice! And could he be any sweeter?!
He stayed and watched the first half of the game and he sat like 6 rows in front of us in the section over from us so I had a great time watching him. People kept trying to get close to him to get autographs and stuff but the security kept them away and he was so cute apologizing as they had to leave. Then suddenly people started figuring out that they could pass him shirts through the rows of people. The poor guy couldn't even watch much of the game. When he left the whole row in front of him had his signatures on their backs and they all got right on their cell phones-I am sure to tell someone who they had sat by. He was really sweet to watch. Kris gave me a hard time that I only came to the game to see David and that I didn't even know there was a game going on the first half.

We all got to wear these cool shirts that they gave out! Too bad it fit me more like a nightgown!


Here is a little clip of him singing. Not the greatest quality but it gives a little bit of the song. Kris only filmed the first part though so he missed the really high notes that he hit so well! It was a fun night out!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun is that! You guys are on a fun streak!

Tanna said...

What a deal! That would have been fun to see! He must have brought the Jazz luck!!

Julie said...

this looks so fun. I love a good jazz playoff game...even better in person. Great pictures.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

I'm triple jealous. Jealous of that you got to see David sing in person. Jealous that you got tickets to a playoff game. Jealous that you had such great seats. Lucky girl!!!

Woodbury Fam said...

So much fun. And how cool that you got to be that close to watch David.

cat+tadd=sam said...

Super fun! I got your text about it, but forgot to write you back! It looks like you guys enjoyed yourselves! I absolutely love your hair curled like that, it's so pretty!

DeDee said...

The playoffs are so fun to be a part of. It was a great night to be there. Thanks for the video, I was hoping to catch it on the news somewhere, but I haven't seen it played anywhere.

Suzanne said...

I'm so jealous! I love the Jazz, and I love David Archuleta! You are a lucky lady. Glad you had such a fun time!

kecia said...

your brother
Jess is SO HOT!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

What a fun game to go to! I loved the video. The news & American Idol never showed it. Way to go Cox's!!!