Mia's Homecoming video

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mexican Riviera-Day 1 and 2

WOW! Where do I even begin to post about a week long vacation! Kris and I went on a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera with our good friends Mark and Mary and we had an ABSOLUTE BLAST!! We ate ALOT, laughed EVEN MORE, and RELAXED! So I am going to document probably more than most people care about but I want to remember everything so here goes...


DAY 1

Kris and I boarding the plane-I have never had to walk like 3 miles outside of the airport to get on a plane, fortunately we ended up on a plane that at least had more than just propellers-like the ones we passed on our long trek to the plane.Kris,me, Mary and Mark as we were "embarking" onto the Golden Princess cruise ship. We had a few hours on board the ship before it actually left the port so we decided to give ourselves a tour of the ships many amenities. Our first stop of course was the 24 hour buffet. We were frequent visitors here throughout the week. Our schedules through the week mostly revolved around meals and multiple snacks!We enjoyed the "sailaway sounds" of "Cafe Caliente" as we left the port for our journey at sea. Touring the multiple pools onboard-before all the great "people watching" passengers were onboard. Can I just say that the people watching on a cruise ship is top notch! We enjoyed SO many good laughs while observing the unique "friends" we made onboard. We had nicknames for multiple "friends" and I only wish we had sufficient pictures to document the great styles and dance moves we witnessed. Many thanks to Cottontop, Barbie, Scott, brown shirt/moves lady, red mullet, piggie tail grandma, peach dress, pool dancing deck lady, and speedy Robert!In the promenade you could always enjoy some good mexican music to set the mood for our voyage.Enjoying the first evening at sea.

DAY 2-----

We spent the first part of the day relaxing and playing games before the sun came out.






Mary and I enjoying the view from the back of the boat overlooking the pool.One of my favorite treats was the ice cream bar! When the day warmed up we played some shuffleboard and soaked up some rays (well except for Mark, he mostly soaked up the sunscreen)



Ping Pong and Shuffleboard-we were REALLY good at both-can't you tell by our form?!What would a sundeck be without a giant chessboard?


Each night we would get showered (yes that was one of my favorite things-showering at 4:00 and then taking my time to get ready, and then eating a nice meal and actually enjoying conversations without feeling frazzled from kids) This was our first "formal night". It was so fun to get dolled up for dinner with my sexy hubby (and mark and Mary of course). Ok this next string of pictures is to show the process it took to get Kris to take a picture-he was as bad as my kids!



Attempt #1:
Attemt #2:



Attempt #3:
Attempt #4-success!

We got some great "prom poses" each formal night!
After dinner we headed up to deck 18 to the skywalkers nightclub to bust a move to "DJ Emotion's" tunes! It was a cool view from up there and "DJ emotion" was so dear to our hearts!

Mark and Kris created quite a bond while at sea-actually closer than Mary and I anticipated. They wanted to embrace and take pictures with eachother constantly and they were always coniving something together.

11 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! I don't even know where to start commenting on this. I just want to say what a great time we had with you guys! I will always remember this! You guys are the best!!! XOXOXOXO

Mark said...

Why are you and Mary so jealous of the dear friendship that Kris and I now share? Get over it.

Kris said...

Were those XOXO's meant for Kecia or me? I thought we agreed that what happened on the cruise was going to stay on the cruise.

DeDee said...

What a CRAZY, FUN trip! It looks like a blast!

cat+tadd=sam said...

So fun, I want to leave RIGHT NOW and go on a cruise! I love that dress, by the way, and I can't believe you had your hair cute the whole time! I was a mess!

Chereebee said...

holy cow - so so so so so so FUN!!!! I'm LOVING all the pictures! Looks like you had a total blast! I'm so jealous of how tan you are! :)

Tanna said...

Kec, what a trip! Everyone needs a trip like that if you ask me!! When can I have mine?? I'm so glad you had such a fun time!!

Deming Family said...

This post is hilarious. I am laughing so hard picturing all these “friends.” I can only imagine the laugh attacks. What a fun trip!

Curt and Amy said...

Wow!Wow! Wow! How fun!

whitney said...

This is the same cruise we went on for our honeymoon, and it was so much fun. We said then that if we went again though we would want to go with friends, I think you guys proved it is even more fun that way! It looks like you guys had an amazing time, I'm jealous!

Julie said...

Although I have read through this a couple of times, I just realized I haven't commented yet. I LOVE that you posted all the pictures and details for us friends who weren't able to go. I love all the "Wreckiness" that took place while you were aboard the ship and that you made friends with the crew! I SO wish we could have joined you...please lets do it again.