Mia's Homecoming video

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day

After we all got ready for church I realized that I was matching my girls too so we had to snap a picture of our black attire. I had to convince Adrie that her dress was something a princess would wear-even though she thought black was not a princess color.
We have been trying to work on standing with Bree lately and this is one of the best she has done. She is holding on but she is standing the correct way on her feet so that is a big step for her. She has a long way to go but she is at least starting to attempt it more.




Sunday after church we went out to my Grandma and Grandpa's grave. My grandpa died when my mom was 18 and my grandma died when I was pregnant with Kyra so my girls never met them. I wish they could have known my grandma because she was the sweetest woman you will ever meet.

The girls were so sweet. When we explained where we were going they decided to gather some flowers from my mom's yard to put on their great grandma's grave and they placed each flower down individually and very carefully.



Me and my girls-Bree was asleep at my mom's so Kris stayed with her.
Kyra took this picture of Chaly and Cam-we love that they are here for the summer.
My mom brought my grandparents wedding picture so the girls could see who we were visiting.
my mom and dad

We used to love playing in this big tree when we would visit grandpa's grave with our cousins growing up.
My mom, Chaly, me, Adrie, Kyra and Amy
The rest of the weekend we spent most of the time at my family's because Curt and Amy are moving to Brazil for 6 months so it was the last time we could all be together for awhile. We played games. ate and hung out.
I LOVE this funny picture of Bree wearing Kyra's glasses. What a pose!Monday we took some family pictures in my parents back yard-the ones of everyone were not on my camera though.


9 comments:

Julie said...

What great pictures you took. I love that you all have matching outfits. I love the black and white pictures at the cemetary. Your mom is so smart to bring a picture of your grandparents. I'm going to do that next time we go. Sounds like a great weekend!

Mary said...

Fun weekend. Bree looks so big in those family pictures!!! I can't believe it.

cat+tadd=sam said...

Looks like fun! I love all the matching outfits, the church ones are my favorite!

I can't believe your girls hair is all that long! Crazy! They are so dang cute!

Emily said...

Aww, you make me want to have another girl just so I can match their outfits! So much cuteness!

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeDee said...

I think it's great that you acutally do "memorial" stuff on Memorial Day. I need to be better at that. And I could definitely eat Bree up, that picture is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Your family is too cute! The girls, the clothes, the hair. I can't wiat to meet you all in person!

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

I found your blog from Dedee's. Hope you don't mind. I'm glad I did! It is sooo adorable! I often dress my girls the same as me too. It's having all girls that must do it to us. Looks like you had a very busy Memorial day!

Natalie said...

You have so many great pictures. You girls in your black & white dresses are so cute! I love the family picture in pink and brown. Your house must be covered in pictures since you take so many great ones!