We were led down a different road than we had ever dreamed of going.
***(When I asked Bree to look at mom for the picture...she did this...the sign for mom and said "mommy"-instead of looking at the camera)***
We were scared of the unknown that was ahead of us but we immediately knew it would be ok because of the INCREDIBLE love we felt for you!
Because of you we have had experiences and grown in ways we never thought possible. We have made friends and met people we never would have met without you in our lives.
You have taught us to love unconditionally and accept people's differences
4 years ago we knew nothing about down syndrome, we were scared of it, and now I wouldn't trade it for anything because it makes you who you are, and it has made us better people for having you in our family.
Sometimes when I think back to those emotional first days of learning of your diagnosis, I feel guilty for having had those feelings because I am forever grateful to have you as my daughter...just the way you are.
If people could really know what it is like to have a child with down syndrome, they would pray for it, not pray to take it away.
Bree, this last year you have learned and grown so much! You have mastered the art of melting people's hearts with your hugs and your smiles. You have learned how to be a friend, and have made new friendships this year, you have learned so many words and are now putting them into sentences. You are doing so well in your dance class, school class, and new church class. We are constantly amazed at the things you are learning......you have even learned to master the ipad!
Since Bree’s birth I have always had a quote in our home that reads” Life doesn’t have to be perfect, to be wonderful.” My life was wonderful before I had Bree, I had 2 beautiful girls and a wonderful husband, and when Bree was born and I was told she had down syndrome, I thought my “perfect” was gone and yet I quickly learned, and continue to learn that my life is still wonderful, even more so now that my “perfect” has been reinvented.
11 comments:
:) i love this! i loved when you said if people knew what it was really like to have a child with down syndrome they would pray for it. it is so true. thank you.
BEAUTIFUL!!! I completely related with all your words! Our little guy with Ds just turned 4 as well, at the end of December. Your family is absolutely beautiful!
Love it and Happy birthday Bree!
"Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful!" I love it! Happy birthday, Bree!
What a sweet post Kecia. You are lucky to have her and she is lucky to have you.
Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!
well happy birthday to a beautiful girl....BREE!
Happy Happy birthday beautiful girl!!
Happy birthday Bree!
Such an adorable, sweet little girl! Happy Birthday Bree!
This post made me cry. Happy late birthday, Bree. You are a beautiful little girl and a blessing to so many. I'm so glad that Lila and I had the opportunity to meet you! You are so very perfect, and so very loved.
Post a Comment