We found out yesterday that we are having TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!I guess that explains how overly sick and tired I have been! We had an ultra sound at 6 weeks and I even asked the tech if there was just one and she said yes. So when I went yesterday to my 9 week appointment I didn't bring Kris with me and just thought we were having a regular first exam. Well when the doctor turned on his little ultra sound machine he sat there for awhile, which made me nervous thinking he couldn't find a heart beat. So I asked if there was a heart beat and he said yes, I think there are 2!!!!!
He told me not to call my husband yet but to go across the hall and have the ultra sound tech do a more detailed look and sure enough there were TWO!!!!!!!! It was clear as day! She got so many good pictures of the 2 of them, but the one she printed for me wasn't the greatest. It appears that they are going to be identical.....they each have their own sac but only one placenta, so we will either have 2 boys or 2 girls! Kris is banking on the boys!! It was surreal to see TWO babies moving and TWO heartbeats!
Now I have to pray double time that nothing goes wrong with either of them since I am now moved to the "high risk pregnancy" category! As if I haven't been on pins and needles already with this pregnancy because of my recent history, and now I have 2 to worry about. We are still a little shocked but SOOO excited! It is amazing how fast I am attached to the idea of 2 babies in there! Life is going to get REAL crazy around here with basically 2 sets of twins!
A year ago this week when I miscarried, I didn't know if I was going to get to have any more kids and now we are adding 3 to the family in less than a year!! Miracles do happen!
56 comments:
I have the chills!!! And am so excited for you guys! How fun!!
OH MY GOSH!!!! Congratulations! I seriously can't believe it...I can't imagine what's going through your mind! How amazing!! SO SO SO happy for you!
Kecia- I have followed your journey for a few months now and it never fails to make me cry. When I read this I instantly started to cry. I am so happy for your family. What an abundance of blessings!
Awesome! Congrats!
Holy cow!!!!!!
WOW!! You are going to be one busy Momma! I have been praying that everything goes smoothly with this pregnancy, and that your little family is adjusting well to these big changes! 3 to 6 in one year! Guess your prayers worked!
Wow Kecia I am so excited for you!! Miracles do happen!! All the cousins are going to be so close too! Yay!
<3/Emily DeCarolis
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That is SO exciting!!! Hooray! I will be thinking of you!
Wow - congratulations!
How amazing! About a month ago, I was looking back through your blog for a quote, and I saw a post from a year or two back where Kris was holding a niece and nephew and you said how good he looked, maybe you needed twins. I thought it was perfect as you were just bringing Mia home, to be "twins" with Bree. And now another set of twins, how awesome. I hope all goes well and that you're feeling better soon! Congratulations!!!
P.S. I'm hoping for 2 boys for you!
Wow! Amazing! I am in shock too. I can't even imagine how you two must feel. Boy life can change so fast! I am so very happy for you and your beautiful family. That is so exciting! I will pray for you all and for all to go well. Love ya! Anna H.
Oh, that is crazy amazing, Kecia!
I'm SO excited for you!! Seriously, I'm in tears over here. I'm sure it's all very overwhelming, but remember WHO gives you strength!!
Congratulations!!!
Sarah
http://alongtheroadadoption.blogspot.com
So I'm standing in Subway when I first read this and I started crying and jumping up and down. Do you think the people in Subway thought I was weird? Probably, but I didn't care. I am so excited for you guys. I love how Heavenly Father works. There is no way you would have gone to get Mia if you would of had twins last year. But I can't imagine what it would be like to double your family in one year.
Unbelievable! Holy smokes! That is so exciting. Wow!!! Heavenly Father has big plans for your family. So fun to watch!
Our twins were a complete and total surprise...but I found out at 21 weeks gestation!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Oh, wow!! Congratulations, and don't worry... let God be in control, and enjoy!
Wow, wow, wow!! The Lord answers your prayers in big ways :) Hoping you feel better soon and a little testosterone to join your family.
Living as if everything is a miracle, the best, most awesome way to spend each day.
Unbelievable, who would have imagined how two Ukrainian girls would changed our lives, our hearts, our world.
And you my friend, are blessed beyond measure. God is good.
I told Andy about your news and he said, "Nice..."
Congratulations and praying for a safe journey the next few months with your special, beautiful family.
Hugs and Kisses all around, my friend.
INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!
congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
Holy cow, I can't believe my eyes! That IS the best news ever!! Six kids! Could you image if they were all girls! Either way, they are going to be the cutest babies ever! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a wild ride you've been on! :)
This is completely amazing!! Heavenly Father is blessing your family so much! Congratulations. You're family is inspiring!
I love it Kecia! We're so excited for you guys! Yea more cousins for Nanni and Chase! 6 kids! Crazy!
Woohoo!! How exciting!!! What an amazing blessing!!
I know I posted on facebook, but I had to come and re-read your blog post. I am so, so excited for you! Please know that you're always in our prayers. You are proof that miracles do happen. You are amazing in every way.
Too cool! I seem to remember from reading your blog that one of the babushkas in Ukraine told you you would have more children ... seems she was right!
Congrats so happy for your family! God is so awesome! will be praying for you!
Congratulations!! I haven't been blogging consistently for a while now because of our full load with Little Miss and our addition of twins. it's going to be crazy at first, but it does get easier! Message me if you ever need any twin advice. :-) Our 1st pregnancy was a miscarriage, then we had M, then the twins. God is good..what an amazing blessing for your family. ;-)
I just have two words "Tender mercies". We are so elated for your sweet family. Good luck you're in our prayers.
OMGoodness Congratulations!! What a hoot!! :)
Get out of town!! Oh my goodness, your girls are probably ecstatic! I wish I lived closer so I could help you out after having the babies with meals and babysitting. Prayers coming your way for those little sweeties ~ take care of yourself.
Congratulations! I'm so happy for your family :) Four beautiful girls and now two little ones on the way...what a blessing!
Wow! Praise God! I am getting teary eyed! Kareen looks so good by the way!
Shut UP!!!! It just keeps getting more and more exciting at your house. Oh, that is simply wonderful. Praying for a safe pregnancy for you. And it sure is a good thing that pregnancies take 9 months and not 2 or 3!
I am freaking out about this!!! Julie told me today and I was speechless! CONGRATS! We need to make a movie of your life, seriously. xoxoxo Miss you and hope I can do dinner with you guys soon.
Wow! Wow! Wow!!
What a miracle! I am so happy for you!
When it rains it pours!!!
Twins!!!! No way. So cool:)
Dang it, Kecia! You always make me cry when I read your posts! Big, sloppy, happy, I can't believe you are so blessed, tears sliding down my face...but aren't those the best kind? So happy for you...you are such a treasure and a blessing. Oh I bet Kris is banking on those boys, for sure! Thank you for sharing this beautiful news with all of us, you made my day!
WOW! Just wow. I am actually speechless for once. Congratulations!
woohoo way to double the family:) congrats my friend
What a wonderful shocking surprise. I will be praying that everything goes well. Congrats on the twins.
((tears)) YOur life is a beautiful story!!
Kecia, that is SO exciting! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! How fun to have twins to add to your adorable family!
OH MY HECK! I AM SCREAMING!!!!!
I am so so happy and excited for you guys!! What a miracle indeed! I will pray for you double time as well - this is SO AMAZING! And Im going to just die if you find out they are little girls! 6 girls sound like HEAVEN to me! Ill start making accessories just in case :)
OH MY GOSH!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SO SO SO awesome!!! And hey, you're like me, adopt a munchkin and get pregnant! :)
I have been following your sweet Mia adventure but have not commented. I know and went to school with some of the cox family. I had to comment because I just had twins! I have older kids too it's Been quite the trip! I've loved talking to others out there with twins there's a lot out there but if u have any questions or want to ever chat I will leave my email in here. I'm so excited for you! You guys are amazing I've learned a lot of your example through your journey and appriciate you sharing it!! Good luck and have fun! I was super extra sick too it got better around week 18 then around week 25 it's like you should be due. So your feel good stage is pretty short sorry to say:)...
Bjstephens4(at)yahoo(dot)com
So exciting...can't stop smiling
Oh my goodness Kecia!!! That is amazing, wonderful news! So very happy for you and your family. Congratulations. You are so blessed! (And I am still working on that "long" story I want to share with you... you and Mia have been such an inspiration, it has been a joy to follow along on your journey. I am looking forward to now following along on your next journey. You are just a double dose of fun!! ;)
How exciting! Congratulations! Wouldn't all of your sweet girls just eat up some baby brothers? Then again a house full of girls would be sweet, too. Just praying for healthy babies.
WOW, Congratulations, Kecia!!!!!!!
Such exciting news! The Cox family has had quite the adventure in the past year and the excitement continues. Rachael and I will be praying that all goes well for you, the new twins, and the other four girls. We have grown to love your cute little family thru your Blog, and look for new updates all the time.
Holly and Rachael.
Congratulations! It is no doubt that God is blessing an amazing family! Praying for a safe and easy pregnancy!
I don't know how I missed this entry!!
I was looking at recent updates and saw the little widget in the sidebar about "The Twins" and got the chills! So I had to go searching to see if I was missing something! Sure enough...
WOW!!!! That is sooo amazing how your family is being blessed right now... you said Yes when God called and he is enriching your lives right now with His abundance!
How wonderful!!!
Congratulations x 2! I hope its two little boys! That would round out things in such a lovely way...
But if it's two more girls, you'd definitely be well prepared! LOL.
:-)
this is truly amazing! your story kecia!!! such joy for you herexxxx
Post a Comment