
A friend gave me this picture a few years ago and I have always loved it because it makes him look so real and as if we knew him personally, and that is how he has always made everyone feel. He has impacted the world in so many ways and while doing so he made each person feel as if he was talking directly to them. You couldn't help but smile when you saw or heard President Hicnkley! He was a sweet, righteous, devoted, good-humored man and he will be greatly missed! We were driving home from my mom's when my sister in law called and told us the news and it was hard to believe it was real. He has been such a part of our lives. As Kris and I were watching the news coverage of his life we commented on how much we will miss hearing his voice in our home on general conference. When we got home I sat down and talked to Kyra about what had happened and we were both so sad. She has always remembered him in her prayers and it was so sweet to see her trying not to cry as we were talking. She asked what she could say in her prayers and we told her that she could now pray for his family and in a few days she could pray for our new prophet, and she did exactly that. As I was thinking about how much we as church members will miss him, my heart ached for his family. My friend Jessica from high school is his granddaughter and we used to ask her what it was like having President Hinckley for a grandpa and I remember her saying, to her, he was a grandpa first. My thoughts and prayers go out to her and her familiy at this time of such a great loss. We love President Hinckley and we will always remember him!

I borrowed this picture from Cheree's blog because I thought it was so cute! I would love to have seen the sweet reunion between President Hinckley and his dear wife! What a perfect example they were of love and devotion to eachother!
3 comments:
Words alone are hard to express the impact President Hinckley has had on the lives of so many of us. I'm going to miss him so much. He was a wonderful prophet!
I LOVE those pictures! How precious!
I couldn't have expressed my feelings myself! Thanks, Kecia!
XOXOXO
Post a Comment