Mia's Homecoming video

Monday, October 6, 2008

Close Call

So tonight we are sitting in the living room having family night and all the sudden the fire alarms start going off. We run to the kitchen and their is a big fire on my stove-with some good size flames!!A plastic tupperware cover is on fire... apparantly I left the gas stove on low after dinner and then when Kris went to heat up Bree's bottle in the microwave he took the plastic food cover out of the microwave and set it on the stove (which he didn't realize was still on either) and came in to the living room. So the picture below is what is left of the burned plastic.
Yes my kitchen is brand new and I about had a heart attack when I saw the fire! I didn't think the mess would come off my brand new stove top but luckily it looks like it did-mostly. FORTUNATELY nothing else caught fire and the cabinets above are all fine! Seriously I can't believe I did that! I am just SOO relieved it wasn't any worse. Lex- I thought of you and your kitchen a few years ago.The kids were freaked out and when we ran into the kitchen they all stayed in the living room and when we came back in Kyra was holding both Adrie and Bree and they were crying. So our nice little familiy night lesson turned into a lesson on fire safety and what to do when you hear those lovely alarms. At least we know they work well.
This was our pumpkin rice krispie treat we had after the fire scare. just a cute picture I took today of Bree and Adrie. Bree has started giving the sweetest loves when someone is crying. yesterday Adrie got hurt and Bree practically dove out of Kris's arms and just snuggled up to Adrie with a big smile on her face. It is so cute! When I was calming Ky down after the fire incident Bree leaned on her with her little luv and just smiled.



9 comments:

Cam and Chaly said...

Bree is so dang cute. Seriously, when are you puttin her on a plane to us?

Cam and Chaly said...

We love the other girls too! Cam is telling me I only comment on Bree so to prove otherwise... But I already asked both Kyra and Adrie and neither of them were up for flying up here so I figure Bree might be.

likeschocolate said...

Glad everyone is ok. Cute idea with RC treats.

cat+tadd=sam said...

Thank goodness it wasn't any worse! And gosh dang it, post pictures of your new kitchen!

Julie said...

I can't believe your cabinets didn't get burned. What a relief. The pumpkin rice krispie treat is so cute. At least the whole thing gave you something to blog about! Glad everything was okay.

Anonymous said...

I glad everything turned out okay. What a great, but terrible way to having a teaching moment!

Mary said...

What a scare! I'm so glad you guys were home to take care of it quickly. Phew!!!!

Woodbury Fam said...

I am so glad that it wasn't worse!! Thank goodness for fire alarms. Even though my kids are terrified of them.

lexi said...

So scary. Glad everyone is okay! Kitchen fires are no fun!!